Plain ol' Doom 2 Community Mapping Project

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SouthernLion

Re: Plain ol' Doom 2 Community Mapping Project

Post by SouthernLion »

I'm about 1/4 done with MAP25. I'm super sorry about the long development time here. I really like how this map is turning out for you, it's just tough working two jobs.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

I'm gonna be taking a break from the forums for a while. I will be back... eventually. For now just email me if you have questions or map submissions. pete_hunt@comcast.net

I wasn't originally planning on having a set due date, but I'm going to start just filling in unsubmitted slots with my own maps sometime in mid July probably. If you don't want me to make a map overriding your slot, email me by then so I know.

Once I get this project done, I'm probably going to cut ties with the doom community all together because I've simply had enough.
Last edited by Seidolon on Wed May 31, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zrakbz

Post by zrakbz »

Seidolon wrote: I've simply had enough.
Please don't tell me it's because of the word
Spoiler:
:]
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

No, it's because of the drama that followed.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Seidolon, I'm like 1/3rd finished almost halfway now with MAP25. I can keep in touch by e-mail if you'd like. I've always wanted to be part of a community project, I've had a lot of fun making this map and testing/researching you and other players' submissions. Sorry to hear there are problems on the board. I never got along with any of the Skulltag moderators, they were extremely toxic except for Rachael. She was the only one that treated me like a human being, lol. It made me happy to see that she was around on ZDoom and not the others.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Cool, I'll be sure to leave your map slot untouched when the time comes if you haven't finished it by then. If you want to keep updated with all the stuff I'm doing, you can check out my youtube page where I upload videos of most of the mods I create. Unfortunately some of them never get released due to bugs that I can't fix or other complications.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

One more thing I need to say. If you want to include a description for your map, describing any influences you may have had or anything interesting about the development of the map, you could include it in a text file accompanying the submitted wad which I will put in the .txt of the finished project, provided I get a decent amount of these.
joe-ilya

Post by joe-ilya »

I have half a map finished, I just forgot about it for a few days due to lack of inspiration.
joe-ilya

Post by joe-ilya »

I've finished my map : https://doomshack.org/uploads/damagedarea.wad

Map name : Damaged Area
Music : Unused Doom Track #45

EDIT: Can I also claim MAP15? Since SArais is banned both here and Doomworld.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

wow, this is still not finished...
joe-ilya

Post by joe-ilya »

Are you talking about my map? If so, what is it that needs finishing?
Or are you talking about the community project's progression in general, if so, well, the project leader is taking a break from the Doom forums since June, I hope he's going to be back soon, he drew quite the crowd into this.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

joe-ilya wrote:Are you talking about my map? If so, what is it that needs finishing?
Or are you talking about the community project's progression in general, if so, well, the project leader is taking a break from the Doom forums since June, I hope he's going to be back soon, he drew quite the crowd into this.
i was talking about the project in general, btw this was not supposed to be offend anyone so sry if it did.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Zen3001 wrote:
joe-ilya wrote:Are you talking about my map? If so, what is it that needs finishing?
i was talking about the project in general, btw this was not supposed to be offend anyone so sry if it did.
It's not offensive, just rude. Posts like "how is this not done yet?" or "when will this be finished?" tend to be seen as such.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

joe-ilya wrote:...the project leader is taking a break from the Doom forums since June, I hope he's going to be back soon, he drew quite the crowd into this.
I am going to be getting more mappers very soon. I got some work done on this wad today. It will be a matter of days before I open up the unfinished map slots again for new mappers. I just need to go back through the project threads here and on DW to make sure I didn't miss any map submissions. You can have MAP15 if you want btw. I will also test out your new level soon.
joe-ilya

Post by joe-ilya »

I hope it's OK to modify my MAP15 reject from MAYhem 2016, since it already has a feeling of being classic, the only reason it was rejected is because I was banned from DW.

Here's how it looks without modifications :

How I'll modify the map :
1)Change the MIDI to a doom MIDI
2)Remove all new textures and replace them with something of the stock variants.
3)Change all the boom actions to be limit-removing compatible.
4)Get rid of the 150 monster limitation by placing a bit more monsters and traps to make the map feel less empty.

EDIT: The map's name is : Melancholy Premises
EDIT2: I just found a couple of bugs in my map, you can get stuck near the super shotgun, and after you get to the exit but drop off the crack near the bunker at the start of the map, then past the blue door there's going to be a huge HOM, looking forward for some more feedback.

Return to “Levels”