Counterattack - Released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ixnatifual

Re: [WIP] Counterattack - Beta 3 will make you squee!

Post by Ixnatifual »

I'm waiting until this is finished, but those screenshots look sexy!
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Mechadon, here's the gameplay. You can put this in the OP if you want... :wink:
Edit: The music sounds better in fast motion :D
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Nice run leodoom85! I found a few things to fix and tweak based off of your video, so thanks a ton for that!
Ixnatifual wrote:I'm waiting until this is finished, but those screenshots look sexy!
Thank you :). The release will probably happen around the weekend if things go well.
Mechadon

Post by Mechadon »

Alright, I'm finally ready to release the final version. Grab it below!

Counterattack [8mb] (Mirror)
Final Changelog

As a bonus, I packaged up the statusbar graphics for anyone who would like to use them for their own projects.

Counterattack Statusbar GFX [13kb] (Mirror)

The sky textures were recently released HERE, so grab them from there if you want to check them out (along with a few color variants).

I haven't uploaded the wad to /idgames just yet, but that will come soon. If anyone finds any terrible issues with the final release, I'll make a quick update (hopefully before the /idgames version goes up).

Thank you to everyone who helped me out with this in any way! I had a lot of fun working on this little project and I think it has helped me learn some new things :)
Mechadon

Re: Counterattack - Released!

Post by Mechadon »

Sorry for the bump. I just wanted to say that Counterattack is on /idgames now, so the release is officially official :). Thanks again to everyone who helped out and gave comments and feedback!

Return to “Levels”