[Community Project] 20 Monsters Challenge [RELEASED!]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
leodoom85

Re: 20 Monsters Challenge

Post by leodoom85 »

Alright, my map is ready. As I said, it is a basic map, like the starting point of a megawad.
Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccpjkr137h3oc ... 0.zip?dl=0

Have fun :) .
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

Sign me up, this seems like a good place to start making actual maps.
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SoulCircle »

Ehhh..... Sign me up too. Guess I should post my first map in an event like this, since this is to teach zt how to make a better map.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Guess I'll give it a shot, if I get some sort of inspiration of what to build. :)
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

A small map with 20 monsters max...? hmm....
Im not really an expert in making small maps though...
But i'll try one... :3:
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

List updated. Leodoom, your DL link has been put in the main post. I played through the map and it's pretty fun.
leodoom85 wrote:A question, can I put another sky texture, like the Plutonia sky? Because a sky can be used without the TEXTURES lump, maybe I'm wrong.
Although that question has already been answered, the answer is yes. In fact, I thought about it a little and decided to scrap the custom textures rule. This is about monster placement, so custom textures are fine.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

What's the rule on music? Custom MIDIs allowed? Or OGG if it fits and isn't over a couple MB?

My map is almost done also, I struggled with ideas but then I decided to do something crazy, but I'm loving the result. Don't worry, the crazy part isn't related to the monsters... something's gotta make up for the lack of action. :D
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Sure, custom music's fine. Anything that doesn't collide with the main point of the map, which is being difficult while having no more than 20 vanilla monsters, is most likely fine.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Can i use custom music?Probably i'll use this ost for my map
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

See previous post.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

This is a great idea, gonna try and piece something together for this.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Lud wrote:List updated. Leodoom, your DL link has been put in the main post. I played through the map and it's pretty fun.
leodoom85 wrote:A question, can I put another sky texture, like the Plutonia sky? Because a sky can be used without the TEXTURES lump, maybe I'm wrong.
Although that question has already been answered, the answer is yes. In fact, I thought about it a little and decided to scrap the custom textures rule. This is about monster placement, so custom textures are fine.
Thanks for playing my map, at least it has more detail than the slaughter map. You know what, I will try that map as a challenge, without dying, just for the lols. :twisted:
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

EDIT: Please refer to this post.

old post:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Nevander on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:43 am, edited 7 times in total.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Nevander, can I borrow your info format for use in the main post?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Lud wrote:Nevander, can I borrow your info format for use in the main post?
Yea sure, wanna provide all the info you'll need for it. Also added a software friendly version of the map, although ZDoom apparently can't process that radiation sign I aligned in UDMF... it comes out weird, but GZDoom it looks fine. I thought that was universal to UDMF?

Anyway I hope the two versions still counts as one submission, the only difference between the two is removed colored lighting so it looks normal in ZDoom. The map is otherwise exactly the same.

Return to “Levels”