The Crystal Maze (GZDoom edition)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The Ultimate DooMer

Re: The Crystal Maze (GZDoom edition)

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Yeah, it seems that bug happens in all zones...it's the kind of scenario you wouldn't think of checking for. (that's what happens when beta testers don't give any feedback because they don't want to say it sucks...)

I've fixed it along with the other issues, will reupload it at some point. (moving house atm, plus I've been trying to think of a way to implement the jailbreak feature of the live experience - ie. if you get locked in, you can get out for free by solving a puzzle quickly enough...not sure if I can find a decent way to do it though)
DavidN

Post by DavidN »

I wanted to bump this up again because it's such a spectacular interpretation of the show into a first-person game :D I absolutely loved it, and took a video - maybe I'll be better than the protozoa we regularly watched being led around...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEWiVhomnfs

I think the games lean more towards having to fail, learn them and then practice and get better at subsequent attempts, rather than the at-first-sight gameplay of the show... but that could well be a deliberate choice by you to encourage replaying and getting better. Anyway, absolutely top marks for this :)
The Ultimate DooMer

Yeah, the higher skill settings assume you've played before...perhaps I didn't emphasise that Beginner is meant for first-timers. In any case, it's given me a few ideas for rebalancing it ;)
The Ultimate DooMer

Updated with various tweaks, fixes and improvements. (based on the video and other stuff)
Spoiler: For those who really want to know...

Return to “Levels”