Maps4D4D - Ravenous Hatred

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TechnoDoomed1

Re: Maps4D4D - Ravenous Hatred

Post by TechnoDoomed1 »

This looks absolutely gorgeous. Man, wish I knew how to map like this.

Maybe in the future, a community project will be made to redo all Doom 2016 maps in (G)ZDooM? In any case, I really look forward to seeing this finished.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Mr.Enchanter wrote:Here are those textures in use.
Does this look as amazing as it does because of the textures being HD or is there something else at play here... I see a slope along the left wall and dynamic lights on the ceiling?
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Nah, Tim here is just a beast.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

The flat colors on the orange highlights on the textures in the OP don't look fantastic in-engine, makes things look kind of Minecraft-y actually.

I quickly overlaid one of the SHAWN flats and it looks a bit better. Might be motivation to experiment...
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:I know it has been one month, but.. Progress?
I will have some screenshots coming soon, been juggling a few things, real life and doom-based. Keep your eyes peeled in the next few days.
Kinsie wrote:The flat colors on the orange highlights on the textures in the OP don't look fantastic in-engine, makes things look kind of Minecraft-y actually.

I quickly overlaid one of the SHAWN flats and it looks a bit better. Might be motivation to experiment...
That looks good. The main reason it's flat is because that is how the original texture looks, the only bad part is that I can't make normal maps or bump maps for the sheen on the orange bit to get it to look like it's a decal on a lab wall.
Nevander wrote:
Mr.Enchanter wrote:Here are those textures in use.
Does this look as amazing as it does because of the textures being HD or is there something else at play here... I see a slope along the left wall and dynamic lights on the ceiling?
HD textures and lots of dynamic lighting.
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

So this project is getting merged with the semi-official D4D mapping project, I'll be doing plenty of asset production and general debugging there, sorry for the lack of updates, holiday season and all has been a little nuts! Hope you all have a great new year and I hope to see you all soon once this get's off the ground!
TheLostSabre

Post by TheLostSabre »

Dude...

This looks amazing... :shock:
Pedro vc

Post by Pedro vc »

Very nice. If you still need help, I can do some mapping
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

Is it a classic style of doom reboot?
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

Since this project still kinda exists, I'll be posting my content that I'm producing, maps, sprites, and textures. Textures from scratch minus the UAC logo and the skull texture which is from picphotos.net, can't find proper creds as the actual site is filled with bullshit ads and redirects.
Spoiler: Textures
Spoiler: Sprites
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Mr.Enchanter wrote:So this project is getting merged with the semi-official D4D mapping project, I'll be doing plenty of asset production and general debugging there, sorry for the lack of updates, holiday season and all has been a little nuts! Hope you all have a great new year and I hope to see you all soon once this get's off the ground!
Interesting news! Does this D4D mapping project have a thread or a homepage?
Mr.Enchanter

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
Mr.Enchanter wrote:So this project is getting merged with the semi-official D4D mapping project, I'll be doing plenty of asset production and general debugging there, sorry for the lack of updates, holiday season and all has been a little nuts! Hope you all have a great new year and I hope to see you all soon once this get's off the ground!
Interesting news! Does this D4D mapping project have a thread or a homepage?
Not yet, just on Discord. I'm sure once there is more done, there will be.

Return to “Levels”