[ECWolf] ArEyeP's WOLFENDOOM - Conversion to ECWolf

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AstroCreep

Re: [ECWolf] ArEyeP's WOLFENDOOM - Conversion to ECWolf

Post by AstroCreep »

TDG wrote:Great work AstroCreep, I really liked ArEyeP's bridge between Wolfenstein and Doom to the point that I really would like to remake/re imagine it in the Doom engine, but add some elements of Brutal Doom Hell on Earth single player pack as well as additional weapons such as a flame thrower replacing the plasma gun, and the missile launcher.

I also started to think out how I would design the levels such as as a hub area, the various UNC office complexes, warehouses, laboratories, and of course the Doomed dimension.

It is still a project I would like to do one day but for now this scratches somewhat of an itch as I tried to run Wolfendoom in ECwolf but some problems played the game. (it did not show the right story text and for some reason I can not continue into the hell segment of the first episode as some invisible wall seems to be in the way)

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm doing an upgrade of sorts to this, not quite to the extent that you want to, as I'm still using ecwolf, but it's gonna use graphics sounds and music straight from doom, light levels, floor textures (pretty much the whole hq shebang) plus missing enemies and weapons, like the zombie soldiers and hell knights and such. got most of the enemies done and all weapons besides the missile launcher (the chainsaw and the missile launcher will be the extra weapons)
Gumbemandens Bror

Post by Gumbemandens Bror »

I recently finished the first episode of the mod, but when running towards the exit, the camera turns with no BJ in sight and the end-screen doesn't appear.

Could you perhaps patch this?
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Prob not. I just kinda quickly threw this together to work. Kinda lazy, I know lol. But at the time I had the intention of doing a massive overhaul of the mod. It's mostly finished, but still a lot of things to do like fixing the exits and adding floors and such. Not to mention that now Blzut3 changed the way the textures work, the whole texture file and xlat need to be rewritten. Lots of work. With how busy I've been with other things, it may be quite a while before I can work on this.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Alright friends. I finally redid this thing so it’s not so shitty lol. All things that didn’t work before now should work, the story screens have been added, and the end trigger has been modified to prevent bj run actor errors. Also included is an optional pk3 with doom imf music. Apologies for being so lazy the past few years on this one lol

Download Here - http://wolf3d.net/mods-ecwolf/w/wolfendoom.zip
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

I loved playing this mod when I was younger.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i'm kinda stuck on episode 3 level 4 of this mod. i got the yellow key, but the door i used it on. didn't do much. and thus i can't progress
discussmetaldan

Post by discussmetaldan »

Ok I know this is an old thread, but I just discovered this mod for EC Wolf. I played this mod constantly when I was a kid but unfortunately am stuck playing it in Dosbox, so I was really happy to see this thing available. However......Im having issues actually running the mod. Here is what I have done, hopefully Im just doing something wrong.
I created a folder on my desktop called Wolfendoom
I added all of my .WL6 Wolf 3d registered files to that folder.
I added EC Wolf 1.3.3 files to the folder
I added the Wolfendoom .pk3 files from this thread to the folder.
I then dragged and dropped the two .Pk3 files onto my EC Wolf .exe
The game starts with the EC wolf graphics and menu, but as soon as I load a level the game crashes to desktop. Not sure if something is wrong with my process for running this. Please advise.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

You’re using the official build - this build has not been updated since 2016.

You can find the latest dev version of ECWolf here.

Alternatively, you can use LZWolf, which is a fork of ECWolf that is maintained by Linuxwolf. It is mod-compatible with ECWolf, plus has extended modding features such as parallax skies, damagetypes, a new lighting system and some more cool things. That can be found here

For future reference, I don’t check the forums here all that often - if you have any questions about any of my mods (or really any ec/lz mods) that you need a quick answer for, I can be found a little more easily either on Zdoom’s discord or the Wolfsource discord (link here)

Return to “Levels”