Chex Quest 20th Anniversary Megawad: Galactic Conflict

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Chex Quest 20th Anniversary Megawad: Galactic Conflict

Postby Captain J » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Oh my, it's about time! Nice job working on this project for, for so long. It's not everyone's cakewalk if it takes a lot of year, as far as my experience goes.

Anyway i'll give this a try!

EDIT: Aaaaand got meself fatal error already! That's weird. I'm pretty sure i read the readme and followed the instructions... The error message was:

ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Script Error, "chexgc.wad:DECORATE" line 3192:
Parent type, 'ChexDinerTable' not found in DinerTableV4

Execution could not continue.

1 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts.'

Yeah i downloaded the gzdoom package, downloaded chex3 zip readme provided.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Tifosi 92 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:42 am

Yeah, I'm hearing this from others too. It looks like this issue is occurring because you're using Version 1.1. of Chex Quest 3, which is apparently the version currently hosted on Charles Jacobi's website. I'm not sure what happened to Version 1.4 of Chex Quest 3, but given that the changes between Version 1.1 and Version 1.4 of CQ3 are extensive (e.g. in Version 1.1, damage handling for the Flem Mines is different and several textures and patches included in Version 1.4 are missing and not defined), I'm not sure I can patch them all into the Galactic Conflict PWAD without directly copying a sizable portion of chex3.wad Version 1.4 in its entirety. This may be something I can fix, but I'm hesitant to copy too much of the CQ3 IWAD without explicitly marking which bits of the Galactic Conflict PWAD are not mine and giving the appropriate credit, which is going to take some time.

In the interim, I've hosted a copy of CQ3 Version 1.4 here. So long as you use ZDoom/GZDoom to run CQ:GC with this IWAD, it should function correctly.

Apologies for this. :?
Tifosi 92

Postby QuakedoomNukem Cz » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:50 pm

Tifosi 92 wrote:I'm not sure what happened to Version 1.4 of Chex Quest 3.

Actually, it's still being hosted on the Chex Mix site, but you need to use this link to download it, because without the number, it redirects you to Chex HD's page. I checked the file to confirm it being version 1.4.
https://www.chexmix.com/chexquest3/
QuakedoomNukem Cz
Grammar Nazi and Graphics Whore with a kind heart.

Discord: #2091

Previous

Return to Levels