DOOM 3 Earth in Hell (game manual at first page).

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SoulCircle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DOOM 3 Earth on Hell (fanmade)

Post by SoulCircle »

DevilBlackDeath wrote:
SoulCircle wrote:It truly is. I must say that a mod that takes place after DooM II, but before DooM 3 (?) is a big gap filler.
Well, Doom II and Doom 3 aren't in the same timeline, so I don't really think we can compare them timewise ;) Even NuDoom is yet another timeline !
I quite forgot that DooM 3 was actually supposed to be a reboot.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

I came to check out the map, but got a badass story instead. I almost forgot there was a map along with it.
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

That, my friend, is the joy of all this! The anticipation is killing me, and I absolutely cannot wait, myself.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Looking at the screenshots, I'd recommend making the urban windowed buildings larger. It looks really really weird to see a tall building only wide enough to have two windows in it, there'd barely be enough room in them for a small office, let alone stairs or elevators or anything like that.

Apart from that, looking forward to seeing this finished, keep up the good work.
DevilBlackDeath

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

SoulCircle wrote:
DevilBlackDeath wrote:
SoulCircle wrote:It truly is. I must say that a mod that takes place after DooM II, but before DooM 3 (?) is a big gap filler.
Well, Doom II and Doom 3 aren't in the same timeline, so I don't really think we can compare them timewise ;) Even NuDoom is yet another timeline !
I quite forgot that DooM 3 was actually supposed to be a reboot.
Let's just hope Doom 4 was the last reboot and they'll just keep within this universe this time around :P Plus the new universe is really badass too
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

Especially with the new monsters (designs). Maybe one day... We will encounter a mother fucking Hell Titan in that universe. Said to be gone, but DooM Guy/Marine ALWAYS finds a way.
DevilBlackDeath

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

SoulCircle wrote:Especially with the new monsters (designs). Maybe one day... We will encounter a mother fucking Hell Titan in that universe. Said to be gone, but DooM Guy/Marine ALWAYS finds a way.
I can already see Doom (2016) 2 being like Doom 2, going to earth! Starting with the DoomGuy fighting the hordes of hell like he used to and them opening a gateway to earth with him following through, and hopefully, the return of the Icon of Sin as foretold in the code.

In the meantime, I can't wait for this either as what seems to be a more than decent follow up to Doom 2 (noone ever really tried a sequel to Doom 2 that was seemingly as worthwhile as this seems to be, TnT levels never had the id charm IMHO, many other mapsets do this much better). New non-ridiculous features, interesting monsters, that oughta be awesome
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Progress is going pretty well, all maps of episode one are complete. Needs some overall adjustments, and decorate for the final boss of first episode.

Episode 2 already has a map, and some of its new monsters are on their way.

As was explained, this mod has nothing to do with DOOM³ or DOOM 2016 in terms of story or continuity. Yet some of their unique monsters will return reinterpreted in classic style with a different yet familiar behavior.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Vegeta(dw) wrote:Progress is going pretty well, all maps of episode one are complete. Needs some overall adjustments, and decorate for the final boss of first episode.

Episode 2 already has a map, and some of its new monsters are on their way.

As was explained, this mod has nothing to do with DOOM³ or DOOM 2016 in terms of story or continuity. Yet some of their unique monsters will return reinterpreted in classic style with a different yet familiar behavior.
Release a demo for us to play soon.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

This is a spiffy idea, yes.
enderkevin13 wrote:Release a demo for us to play soon.
Have a little patience, dude. (And don't be so demanding.)
Gamer With Dignity

Post by Gamer With Dignity »

Great stuff! I'm loving it definitely better than Doom 3 lol.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Why is the hellship from the comic story a w40k chaos battleship, it would be cooler if you could make something based on the TNT evolution ship's design. The reason is that if that comic story ends up in the final mod, Games Workshop might c&d you because they are dicks like that. Also if you guys need a mapper just send me over a PM.
Last edited by demo_the_man on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
lwks

Post by lwks »

"Story so far (comic style)
You are a marie..."

Say no more.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

This mod is far from idle, if everything goes as planned it wouldn't be crazy to expect a fully playable demo (episode 1) for december or january. In the other hand, some videos of gameplay might come in the next days.

Thanks for the offer demo_the_man. I'd like to see some of your maps to see if your style fits with the one of the mapper of our team.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Since elsoazemelet has announced a similar project, have you considered partnering up with them?

Return to “Levels”