[GZDoom MAP] Mars Incident (DOWNLOAD v1.0)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
tsukiyomaru0

Re: [GZDoom MAP] Mars Incident (DOWNLOAD v1.0)

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Say, it only works with Brutal Doom? Can I not use D4D or play it vanilla instead?
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:Say, it only works with Brutal Doom? Can I not use D4D or play it vanilla instead?
You can try of course, but I didn't test it. The thing is, I used alot of textures and effects form the BD Starter Pack and I'm not sure how and if at all they translate to a usual DOOM/DOOM 2 plus GZDoom setup - sorry :cry:

If someone feels the map is good enough to be converted, please by all means, do it! :) I just don't have the time and I'd rather start a new map to strengthen the skills I've learnt with this one :D

My next maps will be free of this requirement - it's just that, well, it's my very first Doom map and it was just too convenient for my limited spare time to use the BD Starter Pack:
Simple GZDoom setup with loads of textures and some usefull environment effects that was easy to work with GZDoom Builder.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

I think it is better to find ways to not require that... Also, doesn't need Brutal Dom from what I've seen so far, but rather the Hell on Earth map pack. It still loads the additional episodes.

Okay, it needs something else... some missing textures.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:I think it is better to find ways to not require that... Also, doesn't need Brutal Dom from what I've seen so far, but rather the Hell on Earth map pack. It still loads the additional episodes.

Okay, it needs something else... some missing textures.
Of course there are better ways. I will heed that advice with my next map! :)

Here are the dependencies from GZDoom Builder; it should load as E1M1. But maybe I screwed up somewhere - as I said, I'm pretty new to Doom mapping :/
Attachments
Screen from GZDoom Build loading dialog
Screen from GZDoom Build loading dialog
Clay

Post by Clay »

Just played this. I though it was great. A bit confusing at first but I got the hang of it. There was a real brutal doom feel to it as well. I especially appreciate how you made it. Were you able to just import the mesh use the mesh or did you have to build around it for the illusion?

Return to “Levels”