DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT Q&A or troubleshooting forums! They are for active projects only! Please use the Editing or General or its subforums for such questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

Postby Xeotroid » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but the portal to MAP49 is broken (in the top left part of the cathedral) - it lacks both the sector entrance and sector exit actors that activate their scripts. I made a quick fix, you can download it here.
Xeotroid

Postby Kroc » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:33 am

I noticed that too. Also the out-building (next to the graveyard) has serious issues with rendering in any version of GZDoom I've tried.
I hope that perhaps some kind of bug-hunt could be done to fix up DUMP3 to work in the latest GZDoom -- it feels like parts of it were all developed using different engines and the WAD as a whole didn't get tested on the same, single engine version.

P.S. I should add, I'm happy to play-test, but I can't code any DOOM-stuff, so I can't acually do the fixes.
Kroc

Postby Xeotroid » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:17 pm

Do you mean the secret level portals? I think it's intentional that they're rendered in a completely broken way, they don't even have correctly aligned textures and you get Wolf3D Nazis to greet you inside. The outside of the building look fine to me.
Xeotroid

Postby Kroc » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:39 am

What a bizzarre choice; but if it's supposed to be that way, so be it! Thanks for the tip, and the patch, I can continue trying to 100% this monster now!
Kroc

Postby Xeotroid » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:17 am

I'm not sure if the patch is compatible with saved games, though. If it doesn't work (if you get a load error or the save slot is just unloadable/has a different color), just use "puke 2 4 9" in the console in unpatched version of the map.
Xeotroid

Previous

Return to Levels