DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
President People

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [Map build released]

Post by President People »

GAA1992 wrote:- But, anyway, just gave a IDKFA and here's what i noticed. The gun i talk about (HS 011), was created by Ijon, but his name is not on the weapon tag, intentional?
Unintentional. A few things were overlooked when I copied in some of ijon's updated DECORATE, it seems. The gun also doesn't respond to the recoil or tracer cvars. If a hotfix becomes necessary, I'll be sure to correct these.
GAA1992 wrote:- Mor'ladim's Tyrant Shotgun has some weird bug on the offsets here when i use it, some flickering on the screen, actually. I'm using gzdoom-g2.2pre-1867-g071485b, if that's of any help.
Seems to be related to just the dev build, according to an earlier discussion. I have noticed it, and really hope it's fixed by the next stable build. Current stable GZDoom and Zandro 3.0 should work, in the meantime.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh, i see, thanks for the fast answer!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I've discovered another minor bug: Yholl's Shotgun & Uzi don't seem to respond to the switch synthfire option.
Zerrer

Post by Zerrer »

Heh, I'd completely forgotten about the change from railgun mode to armor synth mode with the nanotool. I was pleasantly surprised.
floatRand

Post by floatRand »

Oh, didn't quite get time to play properly yet, but noticed that my map ( map65 - Electron ) uses old version, while newer one was submitted.
My fault for not pinging it earlier, and at this point it would be big bother to probably fix such thing.

Looking at the original link, it's dead, so here's a new one. If someone wants to play it instead.
It is slightly more balanced ( removed archvile-ambush at yellow key, redid finale and some other fixes ).

I am including it anyway in a mapset I am making, so it isn't as vital to update it, I suppose.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I'm unsure if this is GZDoom's fault or some bizarre glitch involving the weapon pack, but I got a "VM execution aborted: division by zero." error using the December 10th GZDoom dev build, after having damaged Chthon Romero on Shadowhog's Quake map.
(click to enlarge)
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

President People wrote:Alright, folks. The wait is over, for those still waiting. The weapons of DUMP 3 are locked and loaded!

Everything should be in working order now. All participants' updates since Test 1 have been added, the especially clunky weapons got a bit of smoothing over, and just about every weapon has decals, dynamic lights, bullet/shell casings, or any combination of the three. Some changes under the hood, too! Any weapon can be dropped, uses ammo like it's supposed to, and may be removed as intended when playing the DUMP 3 levelset. The Synthfire system has also received a tune-up, with the primary/altfire-swapping cvar being fixed in the process.

That about covers the general stuff! Here's the full changelog:
Spoiler: Changelog since Test 1
And without further ado, the downloads. Or maybe you couldn't wait another second and just scrolled right on down here! Either way:

DOWNLOAD - - -
The weapons, at long last: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ea11yhyxaoq4 ... s.pk3?dl=1 [mirror] (26.34mb)
The maps, reposted for convenience: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc9seej72ikaj ... 3.pk3?dl=1 [mirror] (72.1mb)

Give yourself a round of applause guys, we made it. If even if you started something and will never finish it, you still walk away with just a little more modding experience that could come in useful down the road. Every bit counts! Thanks to Term and the gang for having me along, and to all you DUMPers out there. It's been a fun ride!

Here's to the next DUMP installment not being quite as… constipated. Heh.
Heh. You did it! Thank the fuckin Lord, it's out. (No, that's not a joke.)

I'll play it ... When I get out of Israel. Btw, I'm thinking of making a TV tropes page. Why not?
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

How do I drop weapons? The drop weapon bind doesn't seem to work at all.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

You need to hold the Zoom button (or was it Reload?). Just beware that discarding them doesn't drop the weapon physically; it's gone until you find a fresh pickup.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

It would be good if there was a custom bind name assigned to zoom that said "DUMP weapon (hold)" instead of leaving it as is or I would have never found out.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

One thing I would love to see is a weapon preferences feature for each tier; for example, if you set the Frostfire Tome as your preferred Shotgun weapon, you would always receive the Frostfire Tome whenever you pick up a Shotgun, and so on.
erni945

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

Post by erni945 »

I have one question I would like to play but with mod Trailblazer therefore, could someone tell me where I have to add
+ INVENTORY.UNDROPPABLE to behave all the items collected by me and did not have any level to start over with nothing?
Gageat

Post by Gageat »

Hey people. Long time lurker but just now made an account.

I've been out of the loop for a while in terms of Doom, but I'm glad people liked my map. The thing is that, it's been a long while, and my map didn't get the name I gave it nor the lines for the beginning. Since I gave term my map a while ago in IRC I think he may have lost the text too. But I think it's still inside my wad file in the whole package.

So the thing is; will there be an update soon or something? I'd love to have those things fixed actually. But if not, welp, next DUMP it is.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

still cant enter level "the mine to hell"
BoJustBo

Post by BoJustBo »

Playing this at the moment, about halfway through. I noticed a few glitches playing on GZDoom 2.2.0
"The mine to hell" couldnt be entered. you got the name and info as you walk up to it but the level never starts.
"Winter in summer" decided to glitch out at the final encounter, couldnt even pass past the stairs like there was an invisible wall infront of me so had to noclip.
"Hot water music" the switch that requires both skulls can be used before you have em. It doesnt open the bars to the exit but it does make it so you can't use it later when you actually have the skulls. It also had some glitched walls that showed up as skybox in one spot.

Edit: some more thoughts.
"Inferno Odyssey" There's no skybox (just that checkerboard pattern of a missing texture) and you can jump out windows into places you havnt unlocked yet trapping you.
"The Crater" You can get stuck behind some vats of goo near the beginning. The cutscene introducing the endboss will repeat if you try to pick up all the items infront of you in that area, and the boss can kill you while it is playing.

Return to “Levels”