DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Eevee

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [Community Mappack Recruitme

Post by Eevee »

Humble suggestion: this will probably be a little easier on Terminus if everyone names their map after themselves, so there's not a huge pile of MAP01s to rename.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

If it's the MAP01 part you suggest we replace, that will be a hard task with only an 8-character lump name limit. :P
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Well, the skybox looks pretty good, at least. Just need to make a map for it to surround.

(Graphics are from Vectorman 2 (volcanoes) and Heretic (lava texture). Might replace the lava texture later, might not. A little disappointed I can't have both warping textures and brightmaps, though.)
Eevee wrote:Humble suggestion: this will probably be a little easier on Terminus if everyone names their map after themselves, so there's not a huge pile of MAP01s to rename.
Sure, I can do that. Seems a little narcissistic to name a map SHADWHOG, but if it helps clean-up...
TheMightyHeracross wrote:If it's the MAP01 part you suggest we replace, that will be a hard task with only an 8-character lump name limit. :P
"HERACROS" would work.
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Not sure what the policy is on reusing content from other places. If there are assets in, say, Skulltag, am I allowed to reuse them as long as I indicate where they came from? The Skulltag skybox resources are really nice and derived from Doom's own skies.
AD_79

Post by AD_79 »

Eevee wrote:Humble suggestion: this will probably be a little easier on Terminus if everyone names their map after themselves, so there's not a huge pile of MAP01s to rename.
currently mapping in the map79 slot
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Gonna have to drop out of this sadly. I need more time to figure out Doom Builder (and whether or not my interests would be more in mapping or modding) and real life bullshit has taken a dump (huehuehuehue) on my mapping/modding aspirations.

I'm glad you're doing this though, Term. This is really a good thing you're doing and I hope it ends up being a regular thing that anyone can jump in and do. <3
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Rats! I've forgotten I was doing this. Other things have gotten in the way. Yeah... I'm sorry, I have to bail out for the same reasons as Nems.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Humn, making some progress, I think it shouldn't take terribly long. I got deepwater working, so that makes me feel a bit better.

Just wish I could figure out how to make the water surface transparent =x

I also hope my map isn't completely shitty..
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

mumblemumble wrote: Just wish I could figure out how to make the water surface transparent =x
You can make your water with 3d floors. That has an option to set the floor's alpha.
Henix_Aurorus
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Henix_Aurorus »

Progress is being made over here. I accidentally make a secret with a ceiling lower than intended (set the ceiling height to 96 in a sector with a floor height of 64), that you can still get into while crouching. I rolled with it because it works.

...I fully intend to make full use of the fact that I have permission to use jumping and crouching.
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Huh. I'll have to think about DEVILUKE, DEVILROY, SINPENNY, & SINCAST (I named my map Sinpenny Castle).
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

I already have something taking shape though I really dont expect it to be either aesthetically pleasing or even fun to play.
Basically I've skipped the whole meditation process and just drew what came to my mind, when that got dull i switched to drawing semi-random shapes for rooms, hoping that as I go with them I get inspiration to turn them into something not horrible :P

I am guilty of having put way too much time into a couple areas than others, a pretty bad way to start I guess, not sure if I'll have time to balance out the level of detail.
It also slightly irks me that the places I've created make no sense, or at least seem very impractical to resemble something out of real life, but I guess I better not overthink it, at least until designing traps and encounters become second nature.
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Anyone taken slot 69?
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Just a little question on you, Terminus. How many episodes of DUMP are you planning? I'll might make a single map on my own (not for this project, but 'cause to celebrate my birthday on 22.3.).
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Humn, 3d floors... I suppose... Wouldn't be that hard of a conversion.

I hope ill be able to balance it well, while still keeping it hd friendly.

Return to “Levels”