DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Killamanjaro53

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [Community Mappack Recruitme

Post by Killamanjaro53 »

wildweasel wrote:Geez, Terminus, how is it you start one community project and suddenly new users are coming out of the woodwork to join you? =P
Actually I had an account there before I`m just too lazy to find the account name and password so. XD
Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

Jimmy wrote:This is, uh, highly incorrect...
welp.

It's been a very long time since I made a map for anything Doom related, and the last time I did it the mod it was for was heavily dependent on control sectors for linedef specials. Oh well. I linked eevee's tutorial because it was the most recent one I had seen, not that I had gone through it in full yet, heh.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

After this, do Dump Episode 3: With a Venegeance.
Killamanjaro53

Post by Killamanjaro53 »

Well I got started on the map, way different using GZDoom Builder than Doom Builder, and it may be a bit basic.
Caprice_CS

Post by Caprice_CS »

I actually haven't made any maps for vanilla DOOM yet, so this should be a good time. Count me in.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Uh... I'm going to have to drop out. Nothing is coming to mind.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

It's difficult to get started. I often do something for about 10 minutes, then throw it away. I'm going to end up doing this stream-of-conciousness, and it's still going to take a week to finish.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Wiw wrote:Uh... I'm going to have to drop out. Nothing is coming to mind.
Draw random shapes and try to connect them together?
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

@Wiw
The best thing about this community project is that you don't need to have an idea. JUST DO IT. Draw something, even if you think it is utter crap. There's a very good chance that by the time you're done scribbling randomness that you'll have inspired yourself to turn it into something that may be halfway decent. Or not. Nobody will really judge, so what's the harm in trying?

Heck, I've not had any ideas myself and yet I expect to be in full steaming operation whenever I get the free time to start on mine.
Kurashiki

Post by Kurashiki »

Ooh, so many people are interested in! :O
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

@Wiw
Dancso speaks the truth. I had no ideas for a while, just scribbles in doom builder. I made one that I liked a little while ago and I'm rolling with it. Just keep on it! The point of the project is to make something. As long as it isn't a maze of cyberdemons, you're on the right track.
Last edited by Scotty on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

So yeah, I'm in. I have a neat map idea to build around (although not original if you know me well enough :P).
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Alright, I'll give it another shot. I warn you - it'll either be rubbish or unoriginal.
Last edited by Wiw on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doom Grey

Post by Doom Grey »

This sounds really interesting. I guess I'll give it a shot :-)
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

It's the 8th! And we are a go, ladies and gentlemen!

I hope you've been using this time period to great effect--all prepared, motivated, and got ideas? Excellent! Time to start getting to work!
Whether you start blitzing through your map with a fury or just prod at it a bit in order to get it done a step at a time, I hope all of you do your best and work your hardest in order to make something.
It's not going to be easy! There's going to be moments where you say "Ugh this is just so boring", but keep going! There's going to be moments where you say "I don't know what to do next", but keep going! There's going to be moments where you say "I can't make anything interesting, other people are making much better stuff", but keep going!

Mapping is hard, but it's also incredibly rewarding. It's quite literally sculpting a world, with only your own hands and mind! Also a map tool of choice.

...I'm talking a big game, but to be honest I'm overwhelmed by the amount of response. Over 70 people are interested in participating? Bloody hell! I'm staggered by the incredible feedback this has received. I kind of just started this to be selfish and have buddies to learn to map with, y'know? But this has really blown up, and I'm sincerely thankful for the support everyone has shown.

Not gonna lie, though. This is gonna make the compiling-and-feedback stage a little difficult. But I guess I'll jump that hurdle when we come to it, eh?

Start mapping, mates. And have fun.

Return to “Levels”