Page 40 of 44

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:10 pm
by Thyrork
Batch 44-53 are done, onwards to the end.

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:47 pm
by Zerrer
Oh, Thyrork, on MAP12, the final secret is one of the walls in the hell area- near the spiked zombieman.

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:23 pm
by Thyrork
And its done! All maps reviewed and are now up for your reading pleasure at the Main Menu!

Image

15 hours of DUMPing (take a few for afking). A smashing success, and my personal goal attained.

See you all next time!*

*I'm never doing that again, goddamn.

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:49 pm
by Deviluke Roy
Thyrork wrote:And its done! All maps reviewed and are now up for your reading pleasure at the Main Menu!

Image

15 hours of DUMPing (take a few for afking). A smashing success, and my personal goal attained.

See you all next time!

Fuck the Marathon map.

You are probably the only person I know to play that Marathon map. Oh lol.

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:59 pm
by Thyrork
I figured it would make for a fun ending. ;)

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:01 pm
by Mor'Ladim
Thyrork wrote:And its done! All maps reviewed and are now up for your reading pleasure at the Main Menu!


Thank you for the review, and I am glad you liked my map! I know ammo balance was a bit off at times, but replaying the map fully just to test how the ammo differences in one area would affect the rest of the map took too much time out of development! Therefore, I just plopped some ammo and health down in some areas I thought needed it, but didn't actually get to test it.

As for the secrets, I am not sure which other you would be missing, but I will take a guess and say:

Spoiler:


This project actually inspired me to start making more maps. A megawad if possible! Though, I am still not sure if I want to make something for Doom II since it is the most accessible, or something for Heretic, as most of the level ideas and music tracks I have in mind seem to fit Heretic more than Doom II. However, the problem with Heretic is that it may not be owned by many, and I often hear it is on the easy side. Perhaps I can also try to make custom enemies if going with Heretic for a more difficult experience.

You also got a few laughs out of me from your other reviews!

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:38 pm
by Deviluke Roy
Well, I'm preparing for DUMP 3 & my DM map. I even made bots for a campaign info.

BTW, the campaign info is how Skulltag has dm levels where you fight bots.

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:19 pm
by The Purple Marine
Thyrork wrote:(Review on my map)

Yeah the first area was rather bad. I may have been using mods that give you better pistol replacements. :mrgreen: That was an entirely stupid decision on my part. But you really like the monster placement in the rest of the map? I was worried that it would be I had good map design but the worst monster placement in all of existence.

Oh yeah, the music. I wanted the music to be D_ROMERO, but terminus decided to use that music.

And I will give you a hint on the secrets!
Spoiler:

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:49 pm
by ijon
Deviluke Roy wrote:Well, I'm preparing for DUMP 3 & my DM map. I even made bots for a campaign info.


better get crackin', because I already made two maps :^)

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:33 pm
by Eevee
hey, come on, you're not supposed to start before the project's even announced

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:00 am
by RikohZX
So either something's weird or what, but with how the 'maps needed to clear' is emphasized, is this map supposed to end with sending me straight to the intermission screen followed by the ending text and cast roll? It's pretty much straight ahead from the hub entry.
Also maybe it was just coincidence but for some reason playing DUMP1 and DUMP2 cleared my primary key config, though not ones related to other mods, but thankfully that stopped.

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:45 am
by ijon
Eevee wrote:hey, come on, you're not supposed to start before the project's even announced

rules are for chumps

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:57 am
by Thyrork
RikohZX wrote:So either something's weird or what, but with how the 'maps needed to clear' is emphasized, is this map supposed to end with sending me straight to the intermission screen followed by the ending text and cast roll? It's pretty much straight ahead from the hub entry.
Also maybe it was just coincidence but for some reason playing DUMP1 and DUMP2 cleared my primary key config, though not ones related to other mods, but thankfully that stopped.


Yeah that map has that problem, skip it after you beat it.

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:08 am
by FaggoStorm
I know this might be a REALLY DUMB question... but are you supposed to have jump and crouch on?

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:18 am
by ijon
FaggoStorm wrote:I know this might be a REALLY DUMB question... but are you supposed to have jump and crouch on?

yes