DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [Community Mappack Recruitme

Postby Hellser » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Thanuris wrote:

The two switches near the window felt pointless, otherwise damn fine map, the demonic opposition was a little tame for my tastes.

Thanks. I'm a rather skilled Doom Player - I was taking new players into account. Those two switches; one opens the path to the red key, the other lowers a teleporter to go through to snag up a rocket launcher and ammo. I took backtracking into account for this. But thanks. :D
Hellser
Remember Citadel
Global Moderator

Discord: Hellser#8156
Operating System: Windows 11
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby unRyker » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanuris wrote:
unRyker wrote:I'm back with a map I did...
Download (Direct URL Dropbox)

Bite-sized with hard encounters, perfect! I don't know about the lower difficulties, but in UV ammo placement is weird, you get a lot of ammo and backpacks when you have less than 5 monsters left to kill, yet I ran out of ammo halfway through the map in what probably is the hardest part. Maybe add a chainsaw? (unless you want people to use the fist for the spectre part).

Hey, thanks for checking out my map; I appreciate the feedback! I made a few tweaks here and there for the version I uploaded today and taken your feedback into consideration.

MAPCHANGES.txt wrote:[*]Changed sky
[*]Changed some monster and object placement
[*]Optimized some areas better for ZDoom play, such as adding impassable walls to the archway outside
[*]Added missing brick texture above the tall crates in the closet to fix HOM
[*]Overall improved detailing
[*]Expanded one secret area to loop into a sector that was previously inaccessible with more additional items.
[*]Added 3 small secrets making the secret count a total of 5.

The download link is the same link as previously mentioned in my other post.
unRyker

Discord: UndeadRyker#6128

Postby Deviluke Roy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Eidolon wrote:An alpha of sorts, completely playable from start to finish, roughly 5-6 minutes (par time 5:30). I'm horrible at detailing and I don't really have the time for it, so I will be waiting until the next phase to do that.

Map lump is MAP_SKYG. Music comes from Thunder Force 4, stage 6 background music (Great Sea Power). Some assets from Skulltag have been used (sky texture and flat). http://idolagames.com/~rkinard/download ... ump_t1.pk3

EDIT: here's a Zandronum-compatible version... http://idolagames.com/~rkinard/download ... ump_t2.pk3

I played the t1 file with pirate doom, and I have to say, it was pretty fun. It wasn't all that hard, and most of my deaths came from falling of the stage (Which is just fine as it is). Although there's one texture error I noticed: Image (If there's any errors with the image, http://imgur.com/03KTnC7.)
Deviluke Roy
The personification of dead jokes
Banned User

Postby Thanuris » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:39 pm

Here is my map, didn't turn out as I expected but at least I learned quite a lot of useful stuff about mapping and editing lumps!

Download
Thanuris

Postby dukka » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:57 pm

http://imgur.com/a/e0crb

Aside from difficulty tuning and other misc stuff I am basically dead on the inside.

dl link, map is slotted to dukka
dukka

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:07 pm

I swear, I'm one of the only... 6? people who are actually rookies in a rookie project. :lol:
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Cpn. Chookum! » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:29 pm

I got inspired to make a map from watching the DUMP videos, and now I'm here.

DoomIIRulesWad.wad
Screenshots here.

Note: The other .wad there was my first experiments in GZDoom Builder with the GZDoom rules, only two levels. I'll be putting my further .wad stuff in this folder and I'll put a readme/guide in once the need arises.
Cpn. Chookum!

Postby Wivicer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:50 am

I'm just going to dump the link to my map here. I made a few changes, nothing major, but here's my finished map:

This link leads to your greatest desires
Wivicer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby HexaDoken » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:56 am

TheMightyHeracross wrote:I swear, I'm one of the only... 6? people who are actually rookies in a rookie project. :lol:

Well there are a lot more actually but many of the rookies are prevented by their incredible rookiness from actually submitting a map, heh.

People like me.
HexaDoken

Postby Eevee » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:06 am

Release candidate! http://stuff.veekun.com/eevee-dump2-v3.pk3 (updated: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51072&p=893297#p893297)

Map slot EEVEE; skill levels supported; no multiplayer; works with Zandronum 2.1.2 (with one teeeeny tiny exception that I bet no one will ever notice). Only custom resource is the music, Back in 1982 by warlord, mentioned in the accompanying CREDITS lump.

Reviews:

not today, satan

uhh...it works?

how the fuck did u make this map in a week [...] DID U JUST LIKE NOT SLEEP ALL WEEK

I don't think I did! Goodnight.
Last edited by Eevee on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eevee
wow, i'm still here!

Postby universalquantifier » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:46 am

Hello I've been working on a map for about a week now, trying to get it all finished today

Spoiler:

Time's starting to run out so I might have to cut some corners here even though there's still a bunch of stuff I'd like to implement. I am not a good speedmapper :|
universalquantifier

Postby LordMordecai » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:46 am

My map is nearly finished. I'd say I'm 85%-90% done with it. I might be able to have it uploaded late tonight, but college is being a pain in the rear-end, so it may be a day late.

I'll definitely have some screenshots up later today, though for sure. I'm really impressed with what I've seen other people doing!
LordMordecai

Postby Kribbulous » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:49 am

After a grueling week at the keyboard, it's done. I may have half-arsed the last area just to finish it in time, though...
Credits are inside the WAD.

Here it is.
Kribbulous

Postby Thanuris » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:13 pm

Kribbulous wrote:After a grueling week at the keyboard, it's done. I may have half-arsed the last area just to finish it in time, though...
Credits are inside the WAD.

Here it is.

Are you supposed to dodge everything at the start of the map? Or is there a secret weapon? I see that you get a lot of ammunition in the second room but no weapons to use, and you really need something in the nukage waterfall room to kill the chaingunners, with some monster infighting I could at least press the switches that raise the lift the part before that one, but the chaingunners are just too much. The map itself is quite interesting, at least what I saw until that part.
Thanuris

Postby Untitled » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:32 pm

http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... dumpv1.wad
http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file=cc4-tex.wad

My map is finished, right before the deadline.

Requires cc4-tex.wad to play.

EDIT:
Protip #1: I HOPE YOU LIKE PLATFORMING
Protip #2: If you find you're dying too much early on, switch to HMP.

EDIT #2:
Par Time 4:30 for UV-Speed, 9:00 for UV-Max.
Untitled

Discord: wrsw#0132
Twitch ID: UntitledsTakenNOOOO

PreviousNext

Return to Levels