DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Deviluke Roy

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

Post by Deviluke Roy »

simpletonnn wrote:its done.
im not really proud of the contribution i made to this, but a contribution is a contribution nonetheless, correct?
Yep, a contribution is a contribution nevertheless.
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

I think the point was to be proud of having contributed at all, yeah. Doing it once is a prerequisite to doing it well.

(So about DUMP 3...)
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Another bug - map 60's teleporter (in the hub) doesn't close up after finishing the map. (allowing you to re-enter and get stuck, as the exit switch is S1)
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Another bug - map 60's teleporter (in the hub) doesn't close up after finishing the map. (allowing you to re-enter and get stuck, as the exit switch is S1)
Well, good catch, DooMer. Intresting Glitch.
Eevee wrote:(So about DUMP 3...)
Good point. What about DUMP 3?
Thyrork

Post by Thyrork »

Hello DUMPers!

For DUMP1 I reviewed each level in my own minicrit style, inspired by a different forums fiction writing. I decided to do that because I figured feedback for the "Young upcoming upstarts" would be appreciated.

So when DUMP2 was a gleam in Terminus's eye and people increasingly signed on much to his rapidly fraying psyche, I said I'd do it again and he got a kick out of it.

So here we are. Sixty Seven maps to minicrit, but feedback has a short shelf life and in the interest of getting you wonderful mappers some actual information sooner rather then later, I made the following agreement with Term:

It'll be done in a week, or I'm going to be £20 lighter.

Hopefully 01-23 will be ready in the next few hours.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Where'd you put up your DUMP 1 reviews?
Thyrork

Post by Thyrork »

Alright, Its here:
DUMP 2 MINICRITS MAIN MENU.

MAPS 01-23 are done, this means the following;

Agaures. ThreeChainLinks. VBob. BioshockFan90. Simpleton. Haze Bandicoot. Ijon Tichy. TheMightyHeracross. Kinsie. Devianteist. Dr Stein. Project_ILE. TerminusEst13. The Gay Agenda. Eidolon. Luigi2600. UndeadRyker. Jukem. Dukka. Rifle Marine. Wivicer. Anonymous and SGT. Shivers.

Are ready to read my thoughts with more coming tomorrow. If by some chance any of you cannot access google docs, I will be putting it into a PDF at the end and uploading it somewhere.
Sgt. Shivers wrote:Where'd you put up your DUMP 1 reviews?
Right here mate.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

I'm actually currently working on a continuation of my dump map. I created a thread for it, in fact.
ijon

Post by ijon »

Thyrork wrote:Still can’t escape the area behind the yellow keycard.
crouch jumping is needed there - if you can't do it, noclipping is fine too
You made me type that. Yes, you. You did this Ijon Tichy.
:D

(it turns out no one likes not having a super shotgun, but I don't like it making each shell pickup 42% more efficient)

(I blame id because it couldn't ever be my fault no sir I never make bad decisions)
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Thyrork wrote:Alright, Its here:

Agaures. ThreeChainLinks. VBob. BioshockFan90. Simpleton. Haze Bandicoot. Ijon Tichy. TheMightyHeracross. Kinsie. Devianteist. Dr Stein. Project_ILE. TerminusEst13. The Gay Agenda. Eidolon. Luigi2600. UndeadRyker. Jukem. Dukka. Rifle Marine. Wivicer. Anonymous and SGT. Shivers.

Are ready to read my thoughts with more coming tomorrow. If by some chance any of you cannot access google docs, I will be putting it into a PDF at the end and uploading it somewhere.
Right here mate.
I quite enjoyed all of these. Your review of my map made me particularly proud, and I find that I agree with your critiques. I'm glad you enjoyed the map, and hopefully others can see/understand why weapon selection ramps up so quickly (UV+).
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Thyrork wrote:Alright, Its here:

Right here mate.
I think the reviews are very interesting, Thyrork.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Pretty great so far, and it's likely something I'll find out the more I play, but why does the very start say 48 maps to go instead of 67 or 66? (not including the hub and/or secret map) Do I get whisked away to another part of the map once I complete the first 48?

Also, Ijon, thanks for using my favorite MIDI of all time.

Edit: Thank you kindly Shadowlink.
Last edited by Abba Zabba on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowlink223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Shadowlink223 »

The skill level dictates how many maps you have to play before the final map unlocks. Nightmare for example makes you play 64 maps.
Thyrork

Post by Thyrork »

Alright. MAPS 24 - 33 are done.

Comet1338. Kurashiki. CPN Chookum! Thanuris. Shadowhog. Hellser. Guardsoul. Abbuw. Eevee and Derprandal.

Special mention to how much Crimson Evening kicked my face in. The salt was very, very real Thanuris.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Thyrork wrote:Alright. MAPS 24 - 33 are done.

Comet1338. Kurashiki. CPN Chookum! Thanuris. Shadowhog. Hellser. Guardsoul. Abbuw. Eevee and Derprandal.

Special mention to how much Crimson Evening kicked my face in. The salt was very, very real Thanuris.
Seems you like my Map29. :)

Return to “Levels”