DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Thyrork

Re: DUMP Episode 2: Dump Harder [RELEASED]

Post by Thyrork »

Batch 44-53 are done, onwards to the end.
Zerrer

Post by Zerrer »

Oh, Thyrork, on MAP12, the final secret is one of the walls in the hell area- near the spiked zombieman.
Thyrork

Post by Thyrork »

And its done! All maps reviewed and are now up for your reading pleasure at the Main Menu!

15 hours of DUMPing (take a few for afking). A smashing success, and my personal goal attained.

See you all next time!*

*I'm never doing that again, goddamn.
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Thyrork wrote:And its done! All maps reviewed and are now up for your reading pleasure at the Main Menu!

15 hours of DUMPing (take a few for afking). A smashing success, and my personal goal attained.

See you all next time!

Fuck the Marathon map.
You are probably the only person I know to play that Marathon map. Oh lol.
Thyrork

Post by Thyrork »

I figured it would make for a fun ending. ;)
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Thyrork wrote:And its done! All maps reviewed and are now up for your reading pleasure at the Main Menu!
Thank you for the review, and I am glad you liked my map! I know ammo balance was a bit off at times, but replaying the map fully just to test how the ammo differences in one area would affect the rest of the map took too much time out of development! Therefore, I just plopped some ammo and health down in some areas I thought needed it, but didn't actually get to test it.

As for the secrets, I am not sure which other you would be missing, but I will take a guess and say:
Spoiler:
This project actually inspired me to start making more maps. A megawad if possible! Though, I am still not sure if I want to make something for Doom II since it is the most accessible, or something for Heretic, as most of the level ideas and music tracks I have in mind seem to fit Heretic more than Doom II. However, the problem with Heretic is that it may not be owned by many, and I often hear it is on the easy side. Perhaps I can also try to make custom enemies if going with Heretic for a more difficult experience.

You also got a few laughs out of me from your other reviews!
Deviluke Roy

Post by Deviluke Roy »

Well, I'm preparing for DUMP 3 & my DM map. I even made bots for a campaign info.

BTW, the campaign info is how Skulltag has dm levels where you fight bots.
The Purple Marine

Post by The Purple Marine »

Thyrork wrote:(Review on my map)
Yeah the first area was rather bad. I may have been using mods that give you better pistol replacements. :mrgreen: That was an entirely stupid decision on my part. But you really like the monster placement in the rest of the map? I was worried that it would be I had good map design but the worst monster placement in all of existence.

Oh yeah, the music. I wanted the music to be D_ROMERO, but terminus decided to use that music.

And I will give you a hint on the secrets!
Spoiler:
ijon

Post by ijon »

Deviluke Roy wrote:Well, I'm preparing for DUMP 3 & my DM map. I even made bots for a campaign info.
better get crackin', because I already made two maps :^)
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

hey, come on, you're not supposed to start before the project's even announced
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

So either something's weird or what, but with how the 'maps needed to clear' is emphasized, is this map supposed to end with sending me straight to the intermission screen followed by the ending text and cast roll? It's pretty much straight ahead from the hub entry.
Also maybe it was just coincidence but for some reason playing DUMP1 and DUMP2 cleared my primary key config, though not ones related to other mods, but thankfully that stopped.
ijon

Post by ijon »

Eevee wrote:hey, come on, you're not supposed to start before the project's even announced
rules are for chumps
Thyrork

Post by Thyrork »

RikohZX wrote:So either something's weird or what, but with how the 'maps needed to clear' is emphasized, is this map supposed to end with sending me straight to the intermission screen followed by the ending text and cast roll? It's pretty much straight ahead from the hub entry.
Also maybe it was just coincidence but for some reason playing DUMP1 and DUMP2 cleared my primary key config, though not ones related to other mods, but thankfully that stopped.
Yeah that map has that problem, skip it after you beat it.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

I know this might be a REALLY DUMB question... but are you supposed to have jump and crouch on?
ijon

Post by ijon »

FaggoStorm wrote:I know this might be a REALLY DUMB question... but are you supposed to have jump and crouch on?
yes

Return to “Levels”