Page 2 of 3

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Atmospheric Beta {WIP}

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:43 am
by Siberian Tiger
Lately, I have trying to squeeze as much as I can to shrink the project overall, - so far I have currently hit the lim (calculus for limit). If omitting the music used within this project, I was able to achieve at ~ 27.8MB 7Z archive file size. But with music, I can only achieve ~153MB 7Z archive file size. I am hoping that soon I can retrieve the original music sources (lossless), and hopefully try to get a reasonable size overall while keeping the 'Out of the box experience' for everyone. However, if this ambitious idea does not make it through, I might have to look at other alternatives. Such alternatives would be: Use Deus Vault II idea of having a standard version (no music) and have a special edition (music), or separate the music as an additional PWAD, or leave it all together.

Bare with me, I am trying ;)

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Atmospheric Beta {WIP}

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:06 pm
by Caligari87
Just split the music into a separate PWAD/PK3, the people who want it will download both. I play without music most of the time anyway, so there's no sense punishing people like me with a massive download that I won't even use most of.

8-)

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Atmospheric Beta {WIP}

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:51 pm
by Siberian Tiger
Image
Good news, everyone!

I have just published a new beta build!

Some changes:

>> DOWNLOAD <<

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - MAKE JUMP PADS GREAT AGAIN! Beta {WIP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:04 pm
by Siberian Tiger
Image
A new build is now available!

List of changes:
  • Added BotSkillPicName property (for Zandronum only)
  • Revised most of the jump pads



Together, we can make jump pads great again!
>> DOWNLOADS <<

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - MAKE JUMP PADS GREAT AGAIN! Beta {WIP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:12 am
by BFG
your avatar suits this mod, it was crafted by a genius :geek:

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - MAKE JUMP PADS GREAT AGAIN! Beta {WIP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:24 am
by Shadez12
Siberian Tiger wrote:Image


CAN'T STUMP THE JUMP

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Voxelize Your World Today! Beta {WIP}

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:43 am
by Siberian Tiger
Image
A new build is now available!

List of changes:
  • Added Voxels!
  • Added player jumping sound.
  • Tried to standardize ammunition
      This changes Skill Levels; all previously defined skill's have been thrashed for 'Standard' which uses 'Nightmare' GameSkill.
  • Revised Item Respawning Timers
    • Weapons now spawn every 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds
    • Spheres now take 40 seconds to respawn
    • Health and Armour bonuses respawn at 20 seconds
    • All else is 30 seconds
  • Added help screens
  • Added Intermission screens
  • Revised the grenade's gravity
  • Changing weapons is now slightly faster
  • Minor fixes


>> DOWNLOADS <<

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Voxelize Your World Today! Beta {WIP}

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:31 pm
by Siberian Tiger
A new minor build is now available:

List of changes:
  • The railgun now reloads, this behavior is adjacent SkullTag's Railgun.
  • Fixed THING Z-Height placements in map Adios.


>> DOWNLOADS <<

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Voxelize Your World Today! Beta {WIP}

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:57 am
by Silentdarkness12
Wow. These maps look sexy as heck. Count me in.

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Internal Core Updates {WIP}

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:13 pm
by Siberian Tiger
Image

A new beta is now available, though the changes are merely within the internal project and most of them wont be entirely noticed - while others will be noticed. With this beta, I think the internal core is ready - and after testing, I don't think I'll add any new features. Thus, this could be the last beta build. Please let me know of any bugs that you come across and anything that might need to be changed.

Additionally, I have also constructed a wiki for this project. I have provided information as to what maps are included, recommended hosting DMFlags, and even compiling the TGRDM3 project. So please take a gander at the project's wiki! :)


List of Changes
  • Added Music Player
      This feature plays all the supported songs and transitions to the next song after approximately 1.30 minute, using SetMusicVolume as a fader.
  • Added more remix midi songs from Project Doom. Any music that was defined for the maps in the ZMAPINFO has been removed.
  • Added Console Background
  • Added Title Screen
  • Added StartUp Script
  • Revised help UI to include 'R_DrawVoxels'. Thanks to Dark-Assassin for pointing this out
  • Enforce SPRITE viewing angles
  • Added Statues [Not Used at this moment]
  • Added $Angled && $NotAngled for GZDB editor
  • Fixed a typo in ZMAPINFO property 'DimAount' -> "DimAmount'. Thanks to Kappes Buur for pointing this out
  • Removed Shane Strife's music. Explanation provided here
  • Revised intermission music
  • Revised player speed; from .85 ~> 1.0.
  • Split SNDINFO to individual files for convenience.
  • Player now screams when falling at a certain speed.
  • Updated map Artis to provide a longer fall.
  • Added Proximity doors; they will now open if the player is close to them, adjacent to Quake 3.
  • Revised doors to point to a new script 'StdDoors', which is designed to unify their functionality.


>> DOWNLOADS <<

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Internal Core Updates {WIP}

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:09 pm
by Shane
Siberian Tiger wrote:[*]Removed Shane Strife's music. Explanation provided here

Huh. I guess that means I better finish it.

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Internal Core Updates {WIP}

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:32 pm
by Siberian Tiger
Shane wrote:Huh. I guess that means I better finish it.


Feature request for you, can you also upload lossless formats, like for example FLAC? I ask as I would like to be to convert them to a lossy format at a specific quality control, for example OGG at quality 3 - or even Opus. With this request, you can still keep the OGG's for those who play Doom or other means, but the lossless can be helpful for projects - such as my project - in which I am trying to squeeze as much as I can in terms of the overall file size.

Thanks in advanced!

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Internal Core Updates {WIP}

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:24 pm
by Shane
Siberian Tiger wrote:
Shane wrote:Huh. I guess that means I better finish it.


Feature request for you, can you also upload lossless formats, like for example FLAC? I ask as I would like to be to convert them to a lossy format at a specific quality control, for example OGG at quality 3 - or even Opus. With this request, you can still keep the OGG's for those who play Doom or other means, but the lossless can be helpful for projects - such as my project - in which I am trying to squeeze as much as I can in terms of the overall file size.

Thanks in advanced!

One of the things I was doing in the new version was putting together a FLAC version, so definitely be expecting that! If there are any other suggestions you have or questions about it, feel free to ask me here, in my topic, PM, whatever is convenient for you!

Here's a newer recording for comparison: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/doom/d_e1m1.mp3

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Internal Core Updates {WIP}

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:19 pm
by Siberian Tiger
Shane wrote:One of the things I was doing in the new version was putting together a FLAC version, so definitely be expecting that!

Fantastic!

Shane wrote:Here's a newer recording for comparison: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/doom/d_e1m1.mp3

Sounds great! This version sounds more grungy and livelier than the previous one! Will you also do some of the music from the TNT IWAD?

Re: [DM] Morgenstern - Internal Core Updates {WIP}

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:21 pm
by Shane
Siberian Tiger wrote:
Shane wrote:One of the things I was doing in the new version was putting together a FLAC version, so definitely be expecting that!

Fantastic!

Shane wrote:Here's a newer recording for comparison: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/doom/d_e1m1.mp3

Sounds great! This version sounds more grungy and livelier than the previous one! Will you also do some of the music from the TNT IWAD?

All the plans I mentioned in the thread are still the ultimate goal, so yes. TNT will be done. I've also considered recording other things like Project Doom and Back to Saturn X too, just because it seemed like it'd be fun. I just need to put it into bite-sized chunks so I'll actually get it done. Haha.