DOOM Tribute Project - UPDATE: Vanilla Monsters Add-On

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alando1

Re: DOOM Tribute Project (ALT SOUNDTRACK AVAILABLE)

Post by Alando1 »

Hello all! Sorry, I've been away from my computer for a bit.

@Solus - Thank you :) I'm glad you've enjoyed the wad. In the future, I will try and do some updates on The DOOM Tribute Project. As I have mentioned, I can't guarantee the wad will be Brutal Doom compatible, however, it is possible to make it compatible with other weapon wads. When I eventually have the time, I'll revisit the project. If you'd like to check out other works of mine, I highly recommend my Temple of the Lizard Men series.

@Dr. Shotgun - With all these different versions of ZDoom or GZDoom, it's really hit or miss if it works. The port I used was GZDoom 1.8.2. The DOOM Tribute Project should be compatible with Zandronum, too.

@TheDoomGuy - Thank you :) I'm glad you've enjoyed the wad.

@Droober - You're welcome :) I'm glad you've enjoyed the wad. It's really cool you would like to be involved with making Doom levels. I remember making my very first level back in 2004. All it takes is passion, motivation, and an imagination to bring a level to life. Also, welcome to the Doom Community :)

-Alando1
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

Alando1 wrote:Monster Condo from Doom 2, the Mansion technically was a simplified version of it
Yes, but it lacks the most important part. Libraries with traps.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Dr. Shotgun wrote:Despite the text file saying zdoom 2.7 and up should work, I can confirm that it doesn't.
Does it run with LZDoom at least?
Edit: it does. What about GZDoom?
BoJustBo

Post by BoJustBo »

Just beat this and I thought it was really good.
It was kindof what I wanted from Knee Deep in ZDoom, not that KDiZD was bad or anything, but I like my Dooms action filled, not pitch black horror games.
I also liked how you made a lot of things look more realistic without having it sacrifice gameplay much, usually not at all.
And most of all I really enjoy the lack of Plutonia style traps and other cheap deaths.
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

drfrag wrote:
Dr. Shotgun wrote:Despite the text file saying zdoom 2.7 and up should work, I can confirm that it doesn't.
Sorry about the bump but I've been without computer access for two months.

Anyway, I can't test it with GZDoom.
Mech
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Mech »

drfrag wrote:
It does work with GZdoom, at least 2.4.0.
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

I apologize for the bump (again) but it appears I might have been mistaken. What I thought was an impassable door due to some zdoom/gzdoom specific thing turned out that it was a mis-set compatibility flag. I usually play with doom strict-ish settings (so strict set as default but I turn off certain things like infinitely tall actors and the old hitscan code). This is because A.) I can't identify which setting actually manages whether a rising floor goes super high or not (visible with default behavior on official maps such as E4M7 and MAP31 of TNT), and admittedly bothers me WAY more than it should, and B.) so I don't break older maps. I sort of never considered newer maps would be broken by those same flags. That's my bad. I'm sorry.

I'll give this another play in the near future.
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

One of my favorite wads
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

can you release maps only version?
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@axredneck - Thank you for playing it. I'm glad you have enjoyed it :)

@theroguemonk - I had received similar requests in regards to having a maps only version. Unfortunately, it would be too massive of a task to do. It would be extremely time consuming and I don't have much time anymore. However, I have mentioned to people that if you wanted to replace the weapons, you can. In the future I might revisit the project to do some touch up work to some levels that might have needed a little more TLC, but other than that, it may be a while until I revisit The DOOM Tribute Project.

-Alando1
SLON

Post by SLON »

If you want, I can slightly update the city levels. Just let me know if all of a sudden.
Cipherz_Gaming_YT
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Cipherz_Gaming_YT »

Hey Alando, your soundtrack stopped working. Can you fix this please? Also, GREATEST MOD EVER.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@Cipherz_Gaming_YT: When you mean the soundtrack stopped working, do you mean the link isn't working? If so, I checked the link and it does bring you to dropbox to download the DT_Music.zip file. If there is another issue you are having, let me know and I'll see if I can help you. Glad you're enjoying The DOOM Tribute Project :)

-Alando1
Cipherz_Gaming_YT
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Cipherz_Gaming_YT »

Alando1 wrote:@Cipherz_Gaming_YT: When you mean the soundtrack stopped working, do you mean the link isn't working? If so, I checked the link and it does bring you to dropbox to download the DT_Music.zip file. If there is another issue you are having, let me know and I'll see if I can help you. Glad you're enjoying The DOOM Tribute Project :)

-Alando1
What I mean is I used it and it was working, but I botted it up again and it randomly stopped working.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

That's weird. :? I never heard anything like that happening. What port are you using? I feel like it may be a port issue. I haven't tested the music add-on with the newer versions of GZDoom. When I made The DOOM Tribute Project, I used GZDoom 1.8.2 and Zandronum. At the time, the newer version of GZDoom was 2.2.1 or something of that sort. See if it is the port that may be causing the issue.

-Alando1

Return to “Levels”