UAC Vinur Prime Research Base - REDUX

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [WIP] UAC Vinur Prime Research Base (RC2 Released!)

Post by DoomKrakken »

Restarted. Finished. Man, was that awesome. :D

Loving the wide-open spaces. Perfect for flying around with Meteorfist, dealing swift deaths like the Angel Of Death. :D
SouthernLion

Re: [WIP] UAC Vinur Prime Research Base (RC2 Released!)

Post by SouthernLion »

Looks awesome, but you're using "per se" (which is not English) wrong.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [Finished] UAC Vinur Prime Research Base

Post by Zanieon »

Well guys, here's the final version of this map.

The final changes are:
*Fixed the Section 2 Door opening only from the opposite side of Blue Section after you unlock the entire station by pressing the Hangar unlock switch.
*Added a staircase in the north side of the City's valley.
*Reduced the pinkies and imps spawn amount in the Blue Key trap by half
*Monsters can not go into the City's lake anymore, added Blocking in the linedefs to prevent them sink there making the task of cleaning up the valley harder than it should be
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Alright, gotta check it out. :D
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Kek, i'll wait if someone spot the "signature easter egg" i put in the valley area which i will start to include in every non-Hunter'sMoon map i will make.

With this one finished, now i will resume the development of this.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

OOPS! I updated the file again for a minor fix with weird BSP construct in the Hangar, i updated GZDoom Builder and it returned to the default setting of node building which is not the ideal for this map, now i restored it to a more extensive BSP nodebuilding so the problem in the North Hangar with the wall showing the outside area at far distances should be fixed now.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

A buddy I know livestreamed it.

Maybe MetaDoom wasn't the best option. : P

Although I will say that we all kind of agreed that we thought it was maybe a bit too long. Actually couldn't finish it, that's how exhausting it was. Also, the music kind of grated against my senses after a while.

Sort of felt like the map didn't need to be this long, either, but that's just me.

If I had to assign a number to this one, i'd give it a 7. Had some things that bugged me, but it's actually pretty good overall, if you don't try to finish it all in one go, and take it in pieces.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Try it with Guncaster/Trailblazer. That'll get you through it fairly quick...

I can finish it within an hour, with that. :D
jckfrbn

Post by jckfrbn »

Finished it in 2 hours with metroid, this is now my goto map for testing gameplay wads. It a perfect blend of doom 1 level design with doom 2 battlearenas scattered through it, only issue I had was the end when you gotta find the monsters you missed. Maybe an automap right in front of the city would fix it, idk awesome anyways
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

This map is epic. The sheer scale of everything is mind blowing. Took me 1 hour 12 minutes and 59 seconds to complete.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Vanilla???
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Enjay wrote:This map is epic. The sheer scale of everything is mind blowing. Took me 1 hour 12 minutes and 59 seconds to complete.
Awesome that you played it Enjay, i'm still pending to play Waterlab GZD entirely, the last try i did i had to leave PC for a while and i'm not that typical player who uses the save function of the engine, i tend to play maps entirely in a single run.
DoomKrakken wrote:Vanilla???
Probably, Vanilla takes a bit of time to run trough this map, my shortest run was 40Min with Infinite Ammo active, otherwise 1h+ due to the Slaughterfest in the Teleport Section and Energy Hub plus the monster hunting in the valley.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Not only played it, but really enjoyed it. The slaughter sections are not really my cup of tea but I enjoyed the other fights. The huge scale and impressive architecture was really quite stunning - and then when I got outside and saw the city in the distance - wow! The only shame was that you don't get to play in the city. Although you claim this map is "oldschool-styled" and, yes, if you sort of screw your eyes up and think, yeah, it has a lot of old-school blue/silver/tech themed areas and so on you could just about see that but I wouldn't really consider a map of this magnitude (both in terms of the physical size of the whole map and the grandeur of each and every room) as old-school at all.

@DoomKrakken if by vanilla you mean did I play it without any mods, the answer is yes, vanilla. No mods loaded; just the map and the standard gzdoom lights and brightmaps files. The teleporting slaughter fight did take ages - I even began wondering if the script had somehow broken and was looping out of control without me ever being able to finish it. :lol: I got through eventually though.
Murix

Post by Murix »

Thank you big leg man, I'll edit this once I've played it through.
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Solaela »

Played this map with Bulleteye and loved it despite in come cases due to modded mobs I had some cases where the fights kinda weighed in their favor and I resorted to bullet eye a few times till I managed to score level 3 buster which became my crowd control gun XD

I'll admit the bit at the end where you have to hunt down all the monsters you missed kinda caught me off guard though ^_^ I did kinda leave a few especially some revanants in the waste area cause I was running low on HP and decided 'screw this noise' and bolted and just kinda forgot about em.

Return to “Levels”