DOOM RECON: missions for hideous destructor 18/Jun/2015

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Arek_PL

Re: DOOM RECON: missions for hideous destructor 18/Jun/2015

Post by Arek_PL »

Nice map but open areas feel little too empty
map is playable in singleplayer but if you do not start with powerfull weapons getting mainternace clearance is a must to actualy have a chance of win (cyberdemon near comms)
nice building interiors, unlike outdoors they are detailed without making navigating harder
place with comm squad look wierd just like big c said

looking forward for more

fun fact: in hideous destructor i managed to overheat zm66 in semiauto
gabrieloup

Post by gabrieloup »

I loved this map, I wish there was a Megawad like this, just for Hideous Destructor. However, searching for the keys themselves is boring though. Had to cheat to get the blue key. Otherwise, if the keys were in places a little more obvious (like director desks or places you would generally place keys in) it would've been more enjoyable. I do agree that the map is way too big though. If the map was smaller, maybe the searching for keys wouldn't be as frustrating as it is.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

gabrieloup wrote:I loved this map, I wish there was a Megawad like this, just for Hideous Destructor. However, searching for the keys themselves is boring though. Had to cheat to get the blue key. Otherwise, if the keys were in places a little more obvious (like director desks or places you would generally place keys in) it would've been more enjoyable. I do agree that the map is way too big though. If the map was smaller, maybe the searching for keys wouldn't be as frustrating as it is.
This is a nasty problem with hideous destructor in general kinda, the keys are smaller, don't glow, and arent as brightly colored. Makes it VERY easy to miss them, compared to vanilla.

Also I did beat this (alone, sadly, as I have nobody local to play with) and its a nice map, but a bit TOO expansive. guess with buddies it wouldn't be bad but 80% of gameplay is just walking around, and if you mess up by not grabbing a key, missing the hazard suit, or something else, it only makes it worse. Don't believe there was any exit either, but it was nice. Would love to see more maps like this, though perhaps with a bit less walking, if possible.

Also, cyberdemons are pretty much impossibe if you don't have a HEAT rocket + rocket launcher.... hmmn...
ErmaKeef
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErmaKeef »

what should I load for the latest version, I tried loading hd, dr_mission.wad, and DR_mission_1_obj_map in that order but no matter what I just get warning symbols where enemies would spawn
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

Doom Recon was made for an old version of HD.
I have modified it a while back to work with the newest versions.

Open the DR_mission.pk7 file as a zip, change loot.txt and jumping_spawners.txt file extension into .dec and just drag and drop them into the zip, then just load DR_mission with just HD.
Not sure how good it is, but I'm fairly certain I replaced every old actor name with the new ones.

Also rereading your post, it seems that you only extracted the .wad files from the .pk7 file.
You need to load the entire .pk7 file for it to work, with of course the modified loot.txt and jumping_spawners.txt files.
Attachments
loot.txt
(10.33 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
jumping_spawners.txt
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Alpha
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Alpha »

Can't play. Using GZDoom v.4.7.1 with the same HD ver. Error I get: Script error, "DR_mission_1_1.1.pk7:jumping_spawners.dec" line 163:
Parent type 'DragonGuard' not found in AmbushChaingunGuy
MonoculusRift

Post by MonoculusRift »

Alpha wrote:Can't play. Using GZDoom v.4.7.1 with the same HD ver. Error I get: Script error, "DR_mission_1_1.1.pk7:jumping_spawners.dec" line 163:
Parent type 'DragonGuard' not found in AmbushChaingunGuy
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _Recon.zip
Here you go. This works.
Muppi
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro 5.15
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Muppi »

It is not starting. Error is "1 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts".
I started gzdoom 4.10 with
My load order is
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/VxnGsYn.png[/imgur].

Return to “Levels”