[ECWolf] ECWolf Mod Releases 1/2015-4/2015

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AstroCreep

[ECWolf] ECWolf Mod Releases 1/2015-4/2015

Post by AstroCreep »

All of these mods I made earlier this year. Never got around to posting them anywhere else until just now, however, so here are some links to a few of my ECWolf mods. These all work best with the development version of ECWolf, and I will try to maintain compatibility with updates. To play, simply drag and drop onto the ECWolf executable, or use arg --file from the command line. All of these require registered Wolfenstein 3D v1.4 (GT Version - updater available on ECWolf site)

HALTEN SIE! - Conversion to ECWolf (LowRes / HiRes)
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD Lo-Res
DOWNLOAD Hi-Res
Original Thread

SECOND ENCOUNTER - Level Conversion to PC Wolfenstein for ECWolf (LowRes/HiRes)
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD LoRes
DOWNLOAD HiRes
Original Thread

ESCAPE FROM TOTENHAUS - Conversion to ECWolf (LowRes Only)
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD Low-Res
DOWNLOAD Hi-Res
Original Thread

WOLFPAK 1
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD
Original Thread

WOLFPAK 2
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD Hi-Res
DOWNLOAD Low-Res
Original Thread

MAC GFX RESOURCES - for mod creation
DOWNLOAD - Textures Items/Decor Weapons

Created in 2015 by AstroCreep (Sam Feichter)
all assets from these mods can be used in whatever project you want to create, provided that any material originally created by me is credited to me and all material created by other people are credited to whoever created the original asset. More details included inside .pk3 files.
Tools used - HWE, WDC, ChaosEdit, Wolfenpack, MS Paint, Ultimate Paint, Photoshop CS6, SLADE, TextWrangler, FL Studio 11 (and tons of VSTS), Anvil Studio, IMFCreator, ezvid
Please note that not all tools were used in every mod

Spoiler: NOAHPAK: THE INVASION - Released NOW!
Last edited by AstroCreep on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:59 am, edited 10 times in total.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [ECWolf] ECWolf Releases 1/2015-4/2015

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Holy cow, I've never had the chance to play the original Totenhaus before, definitely picking this up! The other stuff looks great too, ECWOLF really needs more mods.
Echelon5

Re: [ECWolf] ECWolf Mod Releases 1/2015-4/2015

Post by Echelon5 »

Would there be any way to get a version of 2nd Encounter with the Mac sfx? Maybe even the ammo pickup sounds? Love all this stuff, thanks a bunch for you effort!
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

I was thinking of doing a hi-res version of Totenhaus and spicing up the 2nd encounter one a bit, however I gotta finish the next two projects I'm halfway done on. The one is almost done, halfway through making maps. The other one still has quite a bit of work left on it, especially with all the custom soundtracks and super hi-res textures and whatnot. They're gonna be pretty boss when they are done though.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Why would you "paste the Trans and DK sprites over Gretel and Fatface" instead of actually using Trans and the Death Knight? They're already in the DECORATE code.
TehRealSalt
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TehRealSalt »

Or, if staying true to the source is preferred, how about making new DECORATE actors that have the properties of Gretel and Fatface but use Trans and DK's sprites?
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Woolie Wool wrote:Why would you "paste the Trans and DK sprites over Gretel and Fatface" instead of actually using Trans and the Death Knight? They're already in the DECORATE code.
Because I copied and pasted everything for the low-res versions. Back in the day before source edits existed, the only thing you could do were graphical changes. Since this is a mod of wolfenstein, the SOD bosses are not available, and in order to put them in a map, I'd have to rewrite the XLAT code or overwrite Gretel and Fatface's monster id's. Since I had no decorate experience prior, I copied everything from the original, down to the overwritten sprites. They are quite literally ripped straight from the originals. There is absolutely no point to change that, since I planned on enhancing stuff in the hi-res, and if you note in those versions, there ARE decorate versions overwriting the monster ids.
Woolie Wool

Post by Woolie Wool »

I still don't understand why you didn't bother with the low-res versions, especially when overwriting the monster IDs is as simple as

Code: Select all

actor DeathKnight2 : DeathKnight replaces Fatface
{
}
Keep in mind that not everyone will necessarily want to use the hi-res version, especially since the Mac textures lack fake contrast versions like the PC textures.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

I know what is involved in doing it but I really didn't know how to do decorate back then and now that I do I really don't want to overhaul it. If you really MUST have redecorated bosses feel free to modify it. I allow anyone to modify or use any of my resources and mods.

[edit] FUNFACT: Did you know that the mac version did indeed have contrast? It was done in the engine using alpha shaders to save space. I tried implementing it in my mods however it seems that either I did it wrong or it isn't implemented yet. To me it doesn't matter anymore because I'm using brightness levels in most of my new stuff I'm working on and I feel the contrast doesn't look good with brightness levels.
Last edited by AstroCreep on Sun May 24, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

Nice can you do tresure hunt to?
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Negative. Was not a PC mod that one was mac only. Maybe once the mac version is fully supported but right now it's very incomplete. Maybe once that's out I can find a way to Frankenstein the levels in and redecorate the enemies into their PC counterparts. It'd be quite an undertaking though because id either have to hand convert all of the maps or rewrite the xlat so that it replaces mac walls and items with PC walls and items.
Woolie Wool

Post by Woolie Wool »

Working on a more polished version of the Second Encounter conversion with Mac music, title screen, ceiling colors, level numbers, and boss health. I can create a backpack entity for you to place into levels where the original backpack is meant to go if you want.
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

What about those snazzy Mac sound effects? Or was that the Jaguar version, with the weapon/ammo specific pickup sounds?
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

@woolie wool (I assume you are also executor) - this pleases me :twisted: . Do anything you feel necessary to spice it up a bit. I am looking forward to the finished product.
Woolie Wool

Post by Woolie Wool »

AstroCreep wrote:@woolie wool (I assume you are also executor) - this pleases me :twisted: . Do anything you feel necessary to spice it up a bit. I am looking forward to the finished product.
After looking at it some more, I'm probably going to essentially redo your conversion from scratch, using a custom xlat so I can directly import the Macenstein maps. This will allow me to add a few things that you left out, such as backpacks, and add the Third Encounter levels for a total of 90 maps (93 if I include duplicate maps for a First Encounter episode). I've also asked Andy_Nonymous if he could send me the source midis from an older version of Macenstein so I can make new IMFs using my Wolfenstein-style GENMIDI (his IMFs use the Doom II GENMIDI packaged with IMFCreator and thus don't sound very good). I also went back on my idea to do the Mac ceiling color, instead picking ceiling colors as appropriate to the individual levels for a perfect Mac/PC hybrid.

Return to “Levels”