PSX DooM: The Forgotten Chapter [Beta]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hextra

Re: PSX DooM: The Forgotten Chapter [Beta]

Post by hextra »

Hi! i'm new in this forum! and i registered for one question. ( The mod is perfectly, the atmosphere is awesome! ) i am stuck at level 5 in the area of the red crosses after the whole war, where do I have to go?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

hextra wrote:Hi! i'm new in this forum! and i registered for one question. ( The mod is perfectly, the atmosphere is awesome! ) i am stuck at level 5 in the area of the red crosses after the whole war, where do I have to go?
I had the same problem. My guess is maybe there is a missing trigger because after beating the Cyberdemons near the big teleporter a wall is supposed to lower revealing 2 areas filled with hell knights . Then there is a switch placed between the 2 areas that lower the teleporter. That teleporter transport you the the exit. But as i said the wall isn't lowering( i played this map something like 4 times and it never lowered) that makes me think there is a missing trigger or something that is supposed to make the wall lower but ther is no switch in the whole place that lower that wall.

How i got passed that map? The old "noclip" cheat. Sometimes it's the only way to get around some map bugs. Sorry i can't be more helpful but this map seems to miss the thing that triggers that makes the wall lower to face the hell knights. BTW i played that map on "Hey , not too rough" difficulty so behind that wall the enemies can be different on other difficulties.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

This looks so sexy.
OblivionWalker

Post by OblivionWalker »

ObliGasm this looks so good. i am playing this for good. please may i ad in the nightmare imps every now and then? :D
OblivionWalker

Post by OblivionWalker »

i am open to bug testing and have found a few decent time saves due to geometry being so close to each other. maybe if you are open to me marking places of concern as i'll be posting videos of things not looking right or glitching out. and i'll see to trying to fix them maybe?

no i won't be stealing. i'll just edit for my sake as i try to keep my internet usage down as it makes it super slow hahaha

also is there a way to add this episode with all the other episodes? so after every other Doom PSX level. including the lost levels. it will then be the forgotten chapter.
Dantoskin

Post by Dantoskin »

Daym, Forget my old acc! D: Anyway, thank you guys for comment. New update will be relesead on last days of December 17'! Stay psx!
Zemakat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Zemakat »

Hey, I'm keeping my eyes on this. Maybe see what trouble DoomGuy has got himself into. A new PSX styled mapset is a good idea. :D
Dantoskin

Post by Dantoskin »

In one of these fine days :3:
Spoiler:
Dantoskin

Post by Dantoskin »

we'll tear your soul apart! :twisted:
Spoiler:
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

sdk2k9 wrote:Awesome. I always loved the PSX Doom atmosphere maps. Just wish people would make more of them.
Hell yeah, show some love for PSX port of doom, at least atmosphere and soundtrack is hell of an improvement over crappy midi music on PC version imho :ugeek:
Same here, i'd like to see more maps in psx doom style, and will definitely give this a try. Looks promising. :D

Return to “Levels”