Realm

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
22alpha22
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Realm

Post by 22alpha22 »

CURRENT VERSION: 0.1

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m7k606osqc57 ... .1.7z?dl=0 (105mb pk3 packed in a 7zip archive, download size 90mb)

SCREENSHOTS (OLD):
Spoiler:
ABOUT THIS PROJECT

(Update: August 2019)

Recently I decided to finish the weapon set I was making for Realm, (I released the weapons as a stand-alone gameplay mod here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=65445&p=1112610#p1112610), while working on the weapons I decided to revisit Realm. I found many bugs and mechanics that I'm not happy about, so I decided to update my initial alpha release. I've fully integrated my weapon mod and most importantly fixed a huge amount of bugs with map itself. The map is still not complete and likely never will be so I am going post the update here in case anyone has a few hours to kill and wants to check it out. Aside from the bug fixes, I've updated the mechanics of some of the puzzles and traps as well as separating the briefing into its own prologue map to improve performance somewhat. The main map is still very large and can tax weaker machines quite considerably. The map currently offers about 4-6 hours of exploration, puzzle solving, and the shooting of demons in the face gameplay.

(Old: November 2014)
Spoiler:
NOTES

-Requires GZDoom, not compatible with ZDoom, Zandronum, or Skulltag
-Light mode should be set to "Doom"
-Dynamic lights should be enabled
-"lights.pk3" included with GZDoom should be launched with Realm

MY OTHER PROJECTS

Hell Hath No Fury [Active] - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65349
Quake II Resources [Active] - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=45628
Realm Weapon Mod [Released] - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=65445
Delta Force: Doom Warrior [On Hold] - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55861
Last edited by 22alpha22 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:27 am, edited 12 times in total.
grouchbag

Re: [WIP] Realm

Post by grouchbag »

Just downloaded,will play later. Good luck on this. :D
22alpha22
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Realm

Post by 22alpha22 »

I have updated the initial 2014 alpha release of Realm. More details can be found in the OP.

Return to “Levels”