HeXen: A New World (ANW)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ArgonianLord

Re: HeXen: A New World (ANW)

Post by ArgonianLord »

I return with a larger scale update to A New World to overhaul it a bit so that it feels more akin to my later projects.

Major changes include:

The removal of the Trident of Destiny and Spear of Despair. They were removed as I felt no purpose in keeping them when the vanilla super weapons are so vastly superior to them, and I found a much better way to explain the good ending than some fancy crappy new weapons.

The lore around the maps have changed as well, and as such you are no longer visiting another planet completely, nor is Raducal from that different planet. Instead these are merely unexplored areas of Cronos. The new notes system I have included helps explain these things more, and I'd rather not spoil their contents here. I also rewrote some of the dialogue so it'll line up with my later projects much better than it once did.

As mentioned above, the new Notes System from Descent into the Abyss has been added. I explain how it works in the main post for the mapset, so you can read more about it there.

Minor changes include:

New voice acting for one of the later bosses (Redyres) thanks to KrazyCommando.

Some subtle visual changes here and there.

I have also included the ShieldFix mod by KrazyCommando, so now the slaughtaurs and centaurs won't take as long to kill as they do in vanilla HeXen.

To close off I'd also like to announce that this will be the last time I make any more major overhauls for ANW, from now on I will only be making bugfixes and such.
ArgonianLord

Post by ArgonianLord »

Another minor update to fix some things I stumbled upon in a recent playthrough, primarily these errors involved the ending cutscenes where there were some spelling errors and a piece of dialogue went by so quickly it hardly had time to even be read before it was gone.
ArgonianLord

Post by ArgonianLord »

Another minor hotfix to fix more spelling mistakes in the notes and to resolve missing texture problems.
ArgonianLord

Post by ArgonianLord »

It recently came to my attention that the current upload was outdated compared to the files I've got on my PC currently, meaning I must've made some minor fix at some point and just forgotten to upload it. I'm afraid my memory is rusty enough that I forget what prompted me to update the mod last time, but since I did I figured it'd be best if I uploaded it now before I forget again.
ArgonianLord

Post by ArgonianLord »

Minor update to fix a typo in the first level's first readable note. Also resolved issues involving missing immpassable linedefs specials on some bars in Mauristen: Witchwoods.
UnknDoomer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by UnknDoomer »

Short note about "bad" ending. By the end I've had 2 teleports items unused. If you will use one then hero will dissapear. Based on that, perhaps, you can make third secret easter egg ending - if hero randomly find that player have unused teleport item in his inventory then he can voice this thought (something like: "... Wait a second. Seems to be I'm completely forgot about this one. It's seems today is another lucky day...") and use the subject automatically.
ArgonianLord

Post by ArgonianLord »

UnknDoomer wrote:Short note about "bad" ending. By the end I've had 2 teleports items unused. If you will use one then hero will dissapear. Based on that, perhaps, you can make third secret easter egg ending - if hero randomly find that player have unused teleport item in his inventory then he can voice this thought (something like: "... Wait a second. Seems to be I'm completely forgot about this one. It's seems today is another lucky day...") and use the subject automatically.
That's... pretty ingenius actually. I'll have to look into this at some point, thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “Levels”