[WIP] The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels Reimagined

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [WIP] The Ultimate Doom II - MAP11! Entering the city!

Post by Armaetus »

I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Dododamian

Post by Dododamian »

OOh just noticed something, Map 31 Is named the Mansion and Map 32 is named the Marshes, Psx Doom maps right?
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

Spoiler: Map12
Spoiler: HISS~!
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

This is Cacoward material.
Spilskinanke

Post by Spilskinanke »

I don't seem to be very good at this, how do i complete The Guantlet? Is it possible to complete the level the same way as the original version and skip "The Guantlet" area entirely, or do I have to try and get that key at the end? If so, how do I get it?
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

What do you mean by skipping? The only skip on that level in the original was a very risky horizontal rocket jump from what I remember... There is a small trick on this level, but it only allows you to reach the first key faster. Otherwise, just play it normally. You cannot skip the final area on that map.
Spilskinanke

Post by Spilskinanke »

Nevermind, I was super tired last night and wasn't thinking straight. Woke up this morning and figured it out almost instantly.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

MAP12 looking boss as always. Really great job bringing a new level to the stock maps! Can't wait to do a full run of this.
Henix_Aurorus
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Henix_Aurorus »

Gardevoir wrote:What do you mean by skipping? The only skip on that level in the original was a very risky horizontal rocket jump from what I remember... There is a small trick on this level, but it only allows you to reach the first key faster. Otherwise, just play it normally. You cannot skip the final area on that map.
The skip he's referring to is only possible with jumping enabled, as you could just jump up to the ledge leading to the final area, which you'd normally teleport to. This isn't possible in this version without cheating (well, jumping is technically cheating to begin with, so I guess more cheating), as the ledge is too high.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Bravo! great maps and good challenge :D so far going on map 9 and look and feel very refreshing ^_^
Dododamian

Post by Dododamian »

I I
I
!! OH MA GAAWD NEW LEVELS!!! (Wip)
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Henix_Aurorus wrote:
Gardevoir wrote:stuff
The skip he's referring to is only possible with jumping enabled, as you could just jump up to the ledge leading to the final area, which you'd normally teleport to. This isn't possible in this version without cheating (well, jumping is technically cheating to begin with, so I guess more cheating), as the ledge is too high.
Can't you just pop yourself up there with the rocket launcher? I've tried it recently without jumping and it just took a few times to get the right pitch with the explosion blast.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

You can, but then you're just taking advantage of a different port feature, Freelook.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I finally managed to beat all 11 levels, they're pretty tough I'll admit. Looking forward to more. :P
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

Good job man! I hope you enjoyed it. Sadly, work on this mappack will be slowed down due to my (and Guardsoul's) university. But don't worry, we keep working on it whenever we can. ;)

In the meantime...
Spoiler: MAP13 WIP

Return to “Levels”