[WIP] The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels Remake

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels Remake

Postby DoomKrakken » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:12 am

No problem!

Gardevoir wrote:
MAP02 was very painful to play through.

Could you elaborate, please?

Plenty more monsters (too many hitscanners), and not as much ammo for clearing 'em out. Also, those flying tanks that are Cacos are just... WHY? WHY?! Why must they be introduced so early, before I have decent weaponry to fight 'em off?

No matter, I am the Doom Slayer, and I slayed 'em anyway. It's just... frustrating... is all.

Gardevoir wrote:
MAP23 plays a lot better now, and isn't nearly as creepy as it was originally.

Uhh... but I never made a Map23? What???

Shoot, it was whatever map Bloodfalls was. Yeah, that's MAP25. MAP23 is "Barrels O' Fun". My mistake.

I wish there were more maps like what happened with The Abandoned Mines (MAP26). Minus the creepy parts, but with all of the tech built in to the rock. Just a lot of it. Everywhere. Rock and/or tech lining every wall. It was very well done. :D
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [WIP] The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels Remake

Postby Gardevoir » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:50 pm

A new version is out! Still no new maps though, unfortunately.

It includes some quality of life improvements on maps 03, 06, 18 and 19 (possibly more). Some encounters were rebalanced or the areas changed slightly for better pacing. Map19 received some changes in terms of item placement.

While I'm working on 3 new maps at the same time, Guardsoul decided to begin work on a new level as well. There are two new finished maps made by another guest mapper that I might release soon but they require some polishing and testing first.

[DOWNLOAD]
Gardevoir
The Manliest Pokermong

Previous

Return to Levels