WolfenDoom Chronicles

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DeathIncarnate

Re: WolfenDoom Chronicles

Post by DeathIncarnate »

skyrish10 wrote:
DeathIncarnate wrote:
Spoiler:
That doesn't looks like a thompson at all, why not use the sprites from Sgt. Shivers
In a way, it sort of does resemble the Thompson. Think of Wolfenstein: The New Order's version.
There's got to be at least some sort of resemblance there, right? :)

I guess there's just something about this sprite that gives anybody the urge to claim it's a modded/custom Thomspon or STG44 or something.
Tormentor667 wrote:I like the screenshots so far but for the city setting you shouldn't make the fascades look like sraight out of Duke Nukem from the 90's :)
True, I do intend to change a few things about those textures and architecture. But after playing a lot of Duke 3d recently, nostalgia seeped through into my design, and made it painfully obvious. :lol:
DeathIncarnate

Post by DeathIncarnate »

I know this project has been dormant for way too long. Scripting and managing resources has become a huge mess.
It really is painful to say this, but Wolfendoom Chronicles is going to take a huge step backwards in terms of content. Most of it will be done from scratch. Adding and balancing certain features has taken way too much of my time, and shifted my focus away from the main gameplay elements. At this point, I'm migrating certain resources that I think would be useful for another project. Right now, trying to work on something simpler would be best for this mod. Whatever the outcome of WDC is, I hope to keep it enjoyable, regardless of the "demake" it will be going through.

I thank everybody that supported me on this mod, and apologise for keeping everyone waiting.
WDC is not dead...
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Glad to know it's not dead. Screenies look beautiful. Good luck to you! :)
DeathIncarnate

Post by DeathIncarnate »

Thank you. WDC is actually going through the original Wolfendoom route though. 90-degree walls that use your basic 64x64 textured walls/floors/ceilings, dynamic lighting, and the old-school Wolf3d HUD with some adjustments and editing by me. Weapon sprites are not Doom-style anymore, as I've taken sprites from various Wolf3d mods. Will upload screenshots soon.

BTW, seeing that WDC is taking a completely different direction, should I go about creating an entirely new post on it? I'm even considering giving WDC a new working title.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

You're OK with starting a new thread. If you want this one closed and moved to the Abandoned/Dead Projects thread, send a message to a moderator or administrator.

This would also probably fall under TC, Full Games, and Other Projects once you post it, just an FYI as it'll contain custom levels, monsters and weapons.
DeathIncarnate

Post by DeathIncarnate »

Yeah, that was a bit of a silly mistake I made when I first created this thread.
Anyway, I will do so once I get enough done with the remade project. Thanks :)
DeathIncarnate

Post by DeathIncarnate »

Untitled WD:Chronicles Reboot - Gameplay Video
Spoiler:
Demo Map 1.
It's about time.

--- Demo files to be released soon ---
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Now that's looking really good i was beginning to wonder if this was dead lol
DeathIncarnate

Post by DeathIncarnate »

armymen12002003 wrote:Now that's looking really good i was beginning to wonder if this was dead lol
Thank you. :)

Dead? Never.
I know that any progress and updates have been extremely slow, but no... I CANNOT allow this to die.
armymen12002003

No problem im going to love to see what you add to this.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very sweet! I really can't wait for the demo... However you changed whole weapon sprites into low-les wolf3d ones? Well i have never expected, but i guess that's reasonable.
DeathIncarnate

Post by DeathIncarnate »

New Screenshots:
Spoiler:
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Not a fan of low res sprites,i prefered the old ones.For the rest,the maps looks cool.
armymen12002003

ZioMcCall wrote:Not a fan of low res sprites,i prefered the old ones.For the rest,the maps looks cool.
I disagree i think the low res sprites fits the mod alot better.
DeathIncarnate

Post by DeathIncarnate »

armymen12002003 wrote:
ZioMcCall wrote:Not a fan of low res sprites,i prefered the old ones.For the rest,the maps looks cool.
I disagree i think the low res sprites fits the mod alot better.
I liked Operation: Heimzahlung by Wolf Skevos Jones. Which is where I got the sprites from.
Hopefully this will give players a feeling that they're playing a modernised Heimzahlung.
Sort of like a spiritual sequel but in GZDoom.

However, when this is done I might consider uploading an optional weapon sprite replacement pack. :)
The low-res sprites are here to stay though. :ugeek:

EDIT: By the way, I'm stuck between deciding what music to use for this mod. Added a bit of RtCW and remastered Wolf3d soundtrack. Was also thinking of using MOD music similar to Jazz Jackrabbit and Terminal Velocity. If anybody can provide a list of some games that had great MOD/IT/S3M (similar format etc) soundtracks it would really help. Not sure if such music would suit Wolfendoom, but I'd like to try it out.

Return to “Levels”