32 Over 32 [Released!] - Possible Vanilla Remake

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Would you like to have a Vanilla version of selected 32 over 32 maps (ones that are vanilla worthy)?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:29 am

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 13

Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: 32 Over 32 [Released!]

Post by Marrub »

You must have hidden files hidden, cause I see them clear as day.
Spoiler:
jazzmaster9

Re: 32 Over 32 [Released!]

Post by jazzmaster9 »

armyman12345

Re: 32 Over 32 [Released!] Now on Idgames

Post by armyman12345 »

What are the changes?
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

armyman12345 wrote:What are the changes?
Nothing much except some re-balancing in the ammo:monster ratio, and mild re-texturing. other than that it's pretty much done!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

With your permission i'd like to try to link your maps into single wads (one for doom 2 maps, one for tnt maps and one last for plutonia)

In case it could be useful i took the liberty to sort the maps

Doom 2 Maps
Spoiler:
TNT Maps
Spoiler:
And finally Plutonia
Spoiler:
Anyhow all these maps are awesome and really well done and i really hope you (or someone with your permission) could do a megawad with those maps, It could be epic :D

I played all of them separately and i like them all ! I wish to play more of your maps :D

EDIT : I just downloaded your update ... looks like you already sorted them :lol: Ho well time to play them again :D
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Endless123 wrote:With your permission i'd like to try to link your maps into single wads (one for doom 2 maps, one for tnt maps and one last for plutonia)
Sure thing, play it the way you like!
Endless123 wrote:Anyhow all these maps are awesome and really well done and i really hope you (or someone with your permission) could do a megawad with those maps, It could be epic :D
Well this project is a "megawad".... well kinda! (actually it's not but whatever)
Endless123 wrote:I played all of them separately and i like them all ! I wish to play more of your maps :D
Well i just released a beta of my side-project Deimos: The Fallen CItadel

Thank you for your comments!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jazzmaster9 wrote:
Endless123 wrote:With your permission i'd like to try to link your maps into single wads (one for doom 2 maps, one for tnt maps and one last for plutonia)
Sure thing, play it the way you like!
Endless123 wrote:Anyhow all these maps are awesome and really well done and i really hope you (or someone with your permission) could do a megawad with those maps, It could be epic :D
Well this project is a "megawad".... well kinda! (actually it's not but whatever)
Endless123 wrote:I played all of them separately and i like them all ! I wish to play more of your maps :D
Well i just released a beta of my side-project Deimos: The Fallen CItadel

Thank you for your comments!
First thanks for your permission :) Second i already downloaded your other project ( Deimos: The Fallen CItadel ) and as i already posted in the tread of that project i really like it :D I don't know how much experiences you have making maps but i have to say it looks like you have many years of map making experiences because your maps are really well done and well balanced.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

First thanks for your permission :) Second i already downloaded your other project ( Deimos: The Fallen CItadel ) and as i already posted in the tread of that project i really like it :D I don't know how much experiences you have making maps but i have to say it looks like you have many years of map making experiences because your maps are really well done and well balanced.
Well I've only been making maps for 5 months more or less, so thanks for the compliment :D
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

I've been making maps for @ years and I'm still not very good , so that's pretty good progress.
jazzmaster9

Re: 32 Over 32 [Released!] - Possible Vanilla Remake

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Would anyone like to see a Vanilla remake of selected 32 over 32 maps? Polls are up!
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

That sounds fun. I've always liked mapping and playing within vanilla limits.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Gonna give you guys an update on what Maps have been converted to Vanilla:

-Eternal Punishment
-Unit 1024
-Ramparts (converted to DooM II as well)
-The Hal Laboratory
-The Observatory
-The Underground System
-Palace of Sin
-Sandy's City
-Infestation
-Hydroplant
-Nuclear Refinery
-Research Center
-Military Training Camp
-A Dark Secret

Fisk is working on "Afterlife" now.
Keep them votes coming!
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Here are the screenshots of the vanilla version of Afterlife with stock DooM II Texture. Unfortunately the custom gothic textures ware causing issues with Vanilla so decided to retexture it.

Special thanks to Fisk and his amazing vanilla conversion.

Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jazzmaster9 wrote:Would anyone like to see a Vanilla remake of selected 32 over 32 maps? Polls are up!
forgive my stupid question but 1- what is Vanilla and 2 - is it better than non-vanilla stuff? 3- if yes what stuff is better?

I ask because i'm playing doom on gzdoom for some time now but i never check other doom stuff other than gzdoom and freedoom. Of course i heard the word Vanilla a few times (specially when i searched stuff for freedoom on linux) but i don't know exactly what Vanilla is all about.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Endless123 wrote:forgive my stupid question but 1- what is Vanilla and 2 - is it better than non-vanilla stuff? 3- if yes what stuff is better?
It might help to actually play Doom for once.

Return to “Levels”