[Released] E1M1 Remake: Doom 3 style

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: [Released] E1M1 Remake: Doom 3 style

Post by Enjay »

Nemesis6 wrote:I'm gonna have to rip out the spanish stuff before I try it.
I'm intrigued as to why you need to do that.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

looks radical
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

I was wandering around in pitch black with someone screaming at me in Spanish for a while wondering what the point of this was, until I turned up the dynamic lighting. I'm so glad I did that. Really fun, but really short. I'm craving so much more of this.
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Lippeth wrote:I was wandering around in pitch black with someone screaming at me in Spanish for a while wondering what the point of this was
Haha!

I really enjoyed this mod, and all the work that went into, but that's pretty accurate xD
WARCHILD_89
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

I played it and must say, well done, the level design is great. It made me think "Where the hell do these guys always get their textures from???" The spanish was strange at the beginning because I don´t understand this language, but I did not mind it, because it still fits with the game. Very well done. I liked it :D

I played it using the flashlight done by "the zombie killer" here in this forum. It fits very well.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

RikohZX wrote:It's certainly interesting, but even with the 'added dynamic lights' some parts were still pitch-black.
Enjay wrote:I couldn't even see a door in a very dark room.
Lippeth wrote:I was wandering around in pitch black.
I'm beginning to see a rather startling pattern emerge. I wonder what the cause of it could be? Hmm...
Nemesis6

Post by Nemesis6 »

Enjay wrote:
Nemesis6 wrote:I'm gonna have to rip out the spanish stuff before I try it.
I'm intrigued as to why you need to do that.
A few reasons: It breaks immersion for me, I don't speak Spanish, and I also feel that releasing something with non-English dialogue on an English-language site is a bit silly. Same with releasing mods in German, French, or whatever.

That aside, the only real problem I had when playing this was that doors blended into the rest of the level design quite a bit, so telling what was what became a bit tricky. Adding some small lights above doors could mitigate this I think.
Arch

Post by Arch »

Nemesis6 wrote:I also feel that releasing something with non-English dialogue on an English-language site is a bit silly. Same with releasing mods in German, French, or whatever.
You get a much larger audience here then at other languages forums.
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

That was fun. More of it! :)
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

Arch wrote:
Nemesis6 wrote:I also feel that releasing something with non-English dialogue on an English-language site is a bit silly. Same with releasing mods in German, French, or whatever.
You get a much larger audience here then at other languages forums.
If you play a Nazi killing game, you want enemies speak german right? (Wolfstein) ;) The sounds it doest give you details where to go, just enviromental sounds :) The only problem to me was too much repetition with the speech.

Again, we want more!!!! (And hell-base twisted theme based!!!!!)
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Naitguolf wrote:If you play a Nazi killing game, you want enemies speak german right? (Wolfstein) ;)
They spoke English in the 2009 game. It did strike me as a change from the previous installments of the franchise, but it made me chuckle, because it seemed like a tongue-in-cheek throwback to the cheesy movies of yesteryear when people of other nations simply spoke heavily-accented English.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Ed the Bat wrote:
Naitguolf wrote:If you play a Nazi killing game, you want enemies speak german right? (Wolfstein) ;)
They spoke English in the 2009 game. It did strike me as a change from the previous installments of the franchise, but it made me chuckle, because it seemed like a tongue-in-cheek throwback to the cheesy movies of yesteryear when people of other nations simply spoke heavily-accented English.
It actually makes sense when you consider that B.J, being a spy, is fluent in German. Seeing as how the game is from his perspective(it's a FPS, of course), he can understand what they're saying, and by proxy so can you.
cauldron

Post by cauldron »

I liked it. I'd echo Enjay's comments. I had a good run through it and I think it's a very good re imagining of the levels.
Nice little touches here and there and the combat was well balanced.

Clever secret area too. :)
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

twinkieman93 wrote:
RikohZX wrote:It's certainly interesting, but even with the 'added dynamic lights' some parts were still pitch-black.
Enjay wrote:I couldn't even see a door in a very dark room.
Lippeth wrote:I was wandering around in pitch black.
I'm beginning to see a rather startling pattern emerge. I wonder what the cause of it could be? Hmm...
Well, it is Doom 3 style. :P
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Was I the only one who didn't have any light/visibility problems in Doom 3? :|

Return to “Levels”