Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Hellser »

Should be renamed to "Doom 2 The Way Sandy Did", :D Great work though. :)
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

When I use this with Brutal Doom SE (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37889) I get duck sounds with the assault rifle when fired.
Gez

Post by Gez »

This sounds like a good reason to try BDSE.

Anyway. I'm up to MAP27 now. I like it so far, except for MAP19.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

What's the DEH file for? I know it's dehacked file but the only one I remember using was for Alien Vendetta to change the map names. What's it's use here?
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Lava Grunt wrote:What's the DEH file for? I know it's dehacked file but the only one I remember using was for Alien Vendetta to change the map names. What's it's use here?
If the dehacked lump in the WAD file is any indication, it changes map names among a few other things. I would think that it's only necessary for vanilla or ports that can't load dehacked directly from a wad.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

ChronoSeth wrote:
Lava Grunt wrote:What's the DEH file for? I know it's dehacked file but the only one I remember using was for Alien Vendetta to change the map names. What's it's use here?
I would think that it's only necessary for vanilla or ports that can't load dehacked directly from a wad.
That's why I asked. I was using Zdoom for AV and it didn't load the map names without it. Plutonia 2, on the other hand, didn't require the deh. Though I understand since AV came out when I was six.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

The DEH is indeed only for ports that don't support BEX and embedded patches. Most big modern ports will run just fine with the new names and stuff; the extrnal patch is primarily for Chocolate/Vanilla.

[EDIT]
Dan50 wrote:When I use this with Brutal Doom SE (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37889) I get duck sounds with the assault rifle when fired.
Indeed, you do.

Spoiler: ITS A FEATURE
IMX

Post by IMX »

Xaser wrote:video
Spoiler: Somehow it reminded me of this one, kind of the total opposite
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Huh, looking at IMX's video, I guess Dopefish isn't supposed to be acting like an SS Trooper on my end.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

now i wonder if i can found the glorious UNF gun.
GoodYume6

Post by GoodYume6 »

holy sh*t, is that Doom II magazine photo is official!? dayum its always awesome to see those pre-release beta maps :P
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

GoodYume6 wrote:holy sh*t, is that Doom II magazine photo is official!? dayum its always awesome to see those pre-release beta maps :P
i'm pretty sure it's just a spoof done for this project. maybe the credits file of this mod tells who did it.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:
GoodYume6 wrote:holy sh*t, is that Doom II magazine photo is official!? dayum its always awesome to see those pre-release beta maps :P
i'm pretty sure it's just a spoof done for this project. maybe the credits file of this mod tells who did it.
I did the design, Alfonzo did the text. The screenshots are from D2TWID maps.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Am I the only one who finds the amount of damage the bite-y (For a lack of their true name, because I'm uninformed about where they've come from) enemies do to be a tad bit high when they DO land their attacks?
Spoiler: An example wrapped up in a video.
I Mean, they don't flat out murder you in the span of a couple seconds, it just seems a tiny bit too high.

Aside from that? The map-pack is rather awesome.
Gez

Post by Gez »

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Keen_1: ... ed_on_Mars
They're called Gargs. It's quite simple. Yorps are still harmless, so (since they count as monsters) you can save your ammo and punch them.

Return to “Levels”