New GZDoom level pack "The Island" released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ribo Zurai

Re: New GZDoom level pack "The Island" released!

Post by Ribo Zurai »

This is quite good! Enjoying it pretty much so far. :)
cauldron

Post by cauldron »

I’m glad to see this finally came out, real_trisk
I remember emailing you about this a while back in 2011 when I found your website, nice work. :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Had a couple more play throughs. I'm still not a fan of the Serious Sam gameplay but I love the levels. I'd happily play pretty much any kind of game in them and they could easily be adapted for different game styles - even a "Dear Esther" story type thingy.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Pushing GZDoom to its limits... awesome :D
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

Very nice looking map, but saddly gameplay was boring. :( It just walk over here ja soon spawn hordes enemys.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Video's (all parts on YouTube) looked really cool...
I might reïnstall GZDoom (and the rest of the available Doom engine's) back to the machine
just to see (play) this one.
Im sure i gonna love it.

Good work ! :wub:
real_trisk

Post by real_trisk »

Thanks for the kind words all! Glad the response is fairly positive from folks knowing what to expect!

So there are still places where you can clip out of the playable area. Groan... I tested and tested for that...ramming my nose into all the walls I could find. Sigh. Some must have slipped through, though. Darn it. Especially on the final boss battle, that stinks.

Enjay- Are you saying you'd collaborate with me on a level set? :D Using your mad scripting skillz and my maps? :D 'Cause my next levels get even more graphically intense!

Ben

Return to “Levels”