[WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural: Demo Updated

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ethril

Re: [WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural

Post by Ethril »

Major Cooke wrote:However I don't even think that's supposed to be slenderman if you ask me.
Oh really?
Spoiler:
plus the very specific noise accompanying the static at the end...
It's either him or a very similar entity.
Honestly? I'm hoping it's the first one, 'cause at least then we won't have two of the bastards running around.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by kevansevans »

I'm excite for this :D
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Dynamo wrote:This looks far too dark: I don't see the point in making a map this dark, because it just means a lot of players will simply turn up gamma all the way to the maximum level to see anything. I understand the need of making an atmosphere, but I'm sure there's better ways to do it than "pitch black".

That said, I guess I'll wait to see how it plays before I judge
Knowing Pyroscourge, I'm pretty sure he might probably force GL-Defaults on his maps, so that it's view-able for everyone who plays it, he isn't the type of person to make a bad mod, as far as i've seen.

Also very nice work Pyro, as always ofcourse, just like your previous project Winter's Fury ;) !
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Ethril wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:However I don't even think that's supposed to be slenderman if you ask me.
Oh really?
Spoiler:
Honestly? I'm hoping it's the first one, 'cause at least then we won't have two of the bastards running around.
Well I hope it's not. I don't like slenderman. He seems too simple to me. :S

I much prefer the entity in the sewers, something far less predictable.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

There are slenderman erotic fan-fiction books that are sold.

edit:
sold
Leonard2

Post by Leonard2 »

Major Cooke wrote:
Ethril wrote:
Oh really?
Spoiler:
Well I hope it's not. I don't like slenderman. He seems too simple to me. :S

I much prefer the entity in the sewers, something far less predictable.
Totally agree with you.
I didn't expect this to be a slenderman project at all after seeing the map and stuff..
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

Slenderman's arms are far longer than that anyway. I hope it's not an automatic assumption these days that every creepy humanoid-silhouette is slender.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Discordance wrote:Slenderman's arms are far longer than that anyway. I hope it's not an automatic assumption these days that every creepy humanoid-silhouette is slender.
He's wearing a suit, that was one of his signature static noises at the end of the video, and he doesn't have a face.
If it's not Slendy, it's definitely heavily inspired by him.
(Personally I don't really care one way or the other if it's him or not)
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

I can't comment on the static, but I can't see how you can tell in the video that the silhouette is faceless and is wearing a suit. Silhouettes, by their very nature, obscure all features of what they are silhouettes of.

I'm sure I had a dream featuring Slender when I was 4. Interesting, given that it must've been about 10 years before Slender was even a thing.

EDIT: As it happens, I think Pyro is more than capable of coming up with something original regarding this being. Silhouettes are a simple way of making things eerie. If I get back to my own project, I was going to have one as a bit of a recurring theme actually.
idGamer

Post by idGamer »

If you look very closely at the silhouette when the lightning flashes, you'll see that it does indeed have slender man's signature blank white face.

Also, I just now realized that one of the speakers in the little clips of dialogue Pyroscourge has given us is the dark cloud from Winter's Fury. At least, I think that's who it is.
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

My bad, I thought the image of that previously posted was some Photoshop work. You win Ethril :P
Pyroscourge

Post by Pyroscourge »

Ethril wrote:He's wearing a suit, that was one of his signature static noises at the end of the video, and he doesn't have a face.
idGamer wrote:If you look very closely at the silhouette when the lightning flashes, you'll see that it does indeed have slender man's signature blank white face.
Major Cooke wrote:Well I hope it's not. I don't like slenderman. He seems too simple to me. :S
"Ah, so I see you have met Anthony. I would stay away from him if I was you, and fortunately he won't bother trying to track you down either. Regardless, he is a perfect example of just how far you can stretch your imagination..."

"...Really?"

"Sorry."
Spoiler:
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Who's there!?
Spoiler:
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Pyroscourge wrote:"Ah, so I see you have met Anthony. I would stay away from him if I was you, and fortunately he won't bother trying to track you down either. Regardless, he is a perfect example of just how far you can stretch your imagination..."

"...Really?"

"Sorry."
If this is the case, then I hope...
Pyroscourge wrote:"I killed each and every last one of those subordinates, wasting my time with their constant petty problems and their issues with my command."

"I run an operation. I would be removed from service by letting pathetic and weak things like 'feelings' get in the way of victory."

"...And now that I'm released, I can start dealing with the problems in this base, one by one, by myself."

"Starting with you."
...is not the same thing. :twisted:
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

That sounds rather like a reference to "Colonel" the marine in the first post

Return to “Levels”