[WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural: Demo Updated

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Espilonarge

Re: [WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural

Post by Espilonarge »

I was expecting Batman to be standing on top of that tower in the background. :P

I still say this is going to be one hell of a mod, especially after you scared the bejebus out of me withe that SMILE video. :P
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

Espilonarge wrote: I still say this is going to be one hell of a mod, especially after you scared the bejebus out of me withe that SMILE video. :P
Out of interest, I checked out the smile video, and throughout I was expecting something pretty damn scary to happen, then the player turned round and there was something there. Fuck.
I want my own project to be this creepy/scary at times, and there does seem to be some similarities between the two, but I know I'm going to have a hell of a lot of trouble trying to pull something like this off.
Pyroscourge

Post by Pyroscourge »

Discordance wrote:Out of interest, I checked out the smile video, and throughout I was expecting something pretty damn scary to happen, then the player turned round and there was something there. Fuck.
I want my own project to be this creepy/scary at times, and there does seem to be some similarities between the two, but I know I'm going to have a hell of a lot of trouble trying to pull something like this off.
It's very bold to make the assumption that our projects are similar in anything other than aesthetics and style, considering I have barely given any information and you still haven't made a thread for yours (unless you really did take over the Post your Doom Picture thread). :P
Espilonarge wrote:I was expecting Batman to be standing on top of that tower in the background. :P
Maybe not on the tower, and maybe not Batman, but there is certainly someone watching...
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

Pyroscourge wrote:
It's very bold to make the assumption that our projects are similar in anything other than aesthetics and style, considering I have barely given any information and you still haven't made a thread for yours (unless you really did take over the Post your Doom Picture thread). :P
It essentially served as the project thread when I was working on it quite a lot :P I wouldn't start a thread until I had like the first map done, which seems to be common practice AFAIK.
About the similarities...
Pyroscourge wrote:Maybe not on the tower, and maybe not Batman, but there is certainly someone watching...
"Broadcasting" was a very cleverly done. First time I saw it, I thought it was literally just some footage of the building. Second time I noticed the rings on the tower moving which I thought was pretty nifty. Then I saw what it's supposed to be showing and went into an "oh shhhh-" moment :P
Coincidentally, just last week, I pretty much got bored, got some paper, and produced some "shitty concept art" for my project and it is essentially "Broadcasting" in some catacombs :P Funnily enough, after that silhouette is seen, it should disappear, the player can turn and.. *blank*

Heh, maybe I should call my project DERAILment :P
Anyway, looking good and stuff. I highly look forward to playing it for about a minute, freaking out, and closing GZDoom :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Very atmospheric... I am looking forward to this
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Video 1: Something descends and disappears...
Video 2: Pretty self explanatory.
Video 3: A glowing dot, albeit feint and about the size of a pixel, appears to act as an eye attached to something... Is it a bird, indeed?
Video 4: Flashes of what looked like water droplets splashing against the ground... but perhaps not. Look a little closer. There are eyes... EVERYWHERE.

Is he the same thing as the being down in the sewers?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Major Cooke wrote:Video 1: Something descends and disappears...
Video 2: Pretty self explanatory.
Video 3: A glowing dot, albeit feint and about the size of a pixel, appears to act as an eye attached to something... Is it a bird, indeed?
Video 4: Flashes of what looked like water droplets splashing against the ground... but perhaps not. Look a little closer. There are eyes... EVERYWHERE.

Is he the same thing as the being down in the sewers?
Slendy doesn't even have a face. No, that's definitely a separate entity.

(also if the thing you're seeing in the first video that "descends and disappears" is right when the view changes at :16, I believe that's just a puff of steam. At least, I *hope* it's just a puff of steam... :woh: )
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

I believe it was a spirit.
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

Sorry for the bump, but I have a theory on the being in the sewers.
Pyro said this is set in the same universe as Winter's Fury, and while I haven't played through the entire game yet, I seem to recall the Alien Queen from DN3D appearing as a boss. Whatever the thing in the sewers is, the eyes are very similar. The Alien Queen had a lesser variant in DN3D: The Protector Drone.
Those were damn scary, and an environment like this would only intensify their presence. it would be cool if they appeared.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Discordance wrote:Whatever the thing in the sewers is, the eyes are very similar.
That thing in the sewers? That's a grin, not an eye.
brb will edit with link to image
edit: actually i think it's just pasted from the "Smile.Dog"
i think they used it in some of the SCP fangames
Last edited by Ethril on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

Ah yeah, I saw it when I slowed the video down to 0.25x speed. At normal speed it flashes so quickly it was hard to tell.
I guess the clue is in the name "smile" hurr durr.
Pyroscourge

Post by Pyroscourge »

Not gonna spoil anything, but in a way, you are both right. :wink:
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Ethril wrote:Slendy doesn't even have a face. No, that's definitely a separate entity.
I know that. But there's flashes of eyes everywhere. However I don't even think that's supposed to be slenderman if you ask me.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

This looks far too dark: I don't see the point in making a map this dark, because it just means a lot of players will simply turn up gamma all the way to the maximum level to see anything. I understand the need of making an atmosphere, but I'm sure there's better ways to do it than "pitch black".

That said, I guess I'll wait to see how it plays before I judge
idGamer

Post by idGamer »

This looks really good! I just hope my laptop's powerful enough to run it...

Return to “Levels”