[WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural: Demo Updated

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ravick

Re: [WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural: Demo Updated

Post by Ravick »

cortlong50 wrote:so good seeing horror in doom done well.
Seconded that. As a lover of horror games and mods, I ust say this is better than most comercial games that tries to scary you out!
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Sorry to necro such an old thread, but I was wondering if this was ever completed? It's still to this day one of the best and most unique mods I've had the pleasure of experiencing even though all we ever got was a demo.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

I don't think he's stopped working on it, but he has turned his attention to another mod of his. I think he wants to finish that first.
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

Somehow i thought this was a recent mod but nope this came out in 2016, otherwise this looks extremely cool, not a big fan of horror but i might take a look at the demo later.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

will183 wrote:Somehow i thought this was a recent mod but nope this came out in 2016, otherwise this looks extremely cool, not a big fan of horror but i might take a look at the demo later.
Actually, I'm pretty sure this thread was posted in 2013 and the demo release came out in 2014.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

I have bad feeling about the first map that i played, somehow looks scary but not too loud

Edit: if you dont know it, mute your music and high the volume, you will hear something weird
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

I can't believe I didn't find this sooner.
I gave it a spin and it's absolutely AMAZING so far!
The atmosphere is just top tier and it easily outbeats any modern horror game.
I only got to the lake so far, but I am loving it.
Some memorable (and spoilery) moments below:
Spoiler:
Even though there were some performance dips by the lake part, it's still a great fun to play and I definitely recommend giving this a spin.
At one point I even heard some heavy footsteps in the distance and I hoped it was just the regular old cyberdemon.... If not then I'm scared to meet it.
I just hope the author won't give up on this, as this is I think the best horror doom mod I've seen so far.
Atmospheric horror is truly the best kind of horror.
And this mod is truly a great example of horror done good.

Edit: I made it to the radio tower, and that's where the performance got worse, but not to the point of being unplayable (my fault for playing on a mid-tier laptop).
In spoiler below there shall be some notes:
Spoiler:

Return to “Levels”