[WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural: Demo Updated

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: [WIP] S.U.P.E.R Natural: Now with actual information!

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

what's wrong with having no weapons? weapons completely trivialize the purpose of a survival-horror game if they can kill what's actively hunting you. this mod seems more based around exploration, atmosphere, and completing mission-objectives anyway, so putting in gunplay for the sake of gunplay seems like it'd ruin some of that.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

LostSkull wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:Thing is, you have no weapons so it's more than just atmospheric. There are monsters. And they will kill you.
No weapons? I'm out. Kthxbye. :shrug:
LostSkull, you don't seem to have learned the reason why you were banned before. Let's start with Lesson 1: posting in someone's project thread solely to declare your disinterest in said project is a dick move.
BlueInferno

Post by BlueInferno »

Major Cooke wrote:Thing is, you have no weapons so it's more than just atmospheric. There are monsters. And they will kill you.
Sounds like this will be like outlast. I will put on my headphones, crank the volume and shut off the lights.

I love atmospheric games with such dread and fear. Run,hide find keys, doors that you prey will open with a demon inches away from killing you. :shock: And with a ton of eye candy to look at.

Feels like a ps4 game coming out.
DudeDesigns

Post by DudeDesigns »

I love these atmospheric wads that people make. Can't wait for it to launch.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

BlueInferno wrote:
Sounds like this will be like outlast. I will put on my headphones, crank the volume and shut off the lights.

I love atmospheric games with such dread and fear. Run,hide find keys, doors that you prey will open with a demon inches away from killing you. :shock: And with a ton of eye candy to look at.

Feels like a ps4 game coming out.
I enjoy them more when I get scared shitless, and it forces me to do the unthinkable in order to kill them. I love those moments... Nothing like finding a knife when you need one to tear out a monster's heart, while still feeling positively petrified while you're trying to kill that son of a bitch before he has a chance to kill you... Flailing, screaming, thrashing limbs at you, you better hurry the fuck up before he turns the tide against you.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:pretty damn cool. hopefully my fragile nerves can handle this mod, though.
I think he stopped attempting to make it a horror mod and instead turned it into a very atmospheric variant instead. Don't know for sure but that's just kinda what the front page suggests.
i kind of liked Happy Time Circus 2 because of how it tricked you into thinking there's more to the mod than what's there, with the help of clever ambient SFX put at various places to unnerve you. i kind of like horror, but i tend to frighten myself up with certain kinds of it, so i avoid it for the sake of my sanity (it's nice being able to sleep well and sound at night!) as long as the mod doesn't rely too much on cheap tricks like jump-scares and enemies that can run 1000 MPH and kill you in one hit... then again, i'm not even sure i can run the mod. ah well, we'll see.
Let me put it to you this way... HTC2 is indeed quite a horror fest. It does a few good tricks of old, but they're in places in which you dont even have to visit. All the monsters are pretty much silent, some of them float through walls. And sometimes they swarm. There are two places that haunt me the most to this day, in that wad. One happens to be mandatory in order to unlock the S-Mart. Without spoiling it, think about Doom 1's Episode 3 ending...

The second one is a super secret of sorts, the petting zoo... oh my god those FUCKERS WILL NOT STAY DOWN!!! Even with weaponry, it made my chaingun feel like a cheap-ass piece of plastic. This even more dramaticizes the horror when your weapons are of no use. It gives you a sight of hope, but then it guts you like a fish even more. :twisted:
Pyroscourge

Post by Pyroscourge »

So, if all goes according to plan, the demo should be out in like, the next few days.

If I was a professional writer, It would probably be released already. But instead I'm an engineer, and everybody knows engineers can not speel.

Obligatory bumped screenshot:
Spoiler: HYPE
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Amazing! O_O
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

Hey, I'm an engineer and I can speel right!

...wait, I mean, damnit.
Discordance

Post by Discordance »

I want to play this :(
Still, another one for my wallpaper rotation :D
kevansevans
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by kevansevans »

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

^ What he sa... uh, exhaled.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Major Cooke wrote:Even with weaponry, it made my chaingun feel like a cheap-ass piece of plastic.
You mean it's not? :P

(The chaingun is actually a lot better than most people give it credit for... It's just that the SSG blows everything else out of the water- Literally, if they're close enough. The regular shotgun is roughly on-par with the chaingun at most ranges, but there's always like 50 shellboxes for every clipbox anyway. Don't really want to get into this here and now, though.)
DudeDesigns

Post by DudeDesigns »

can't wait! Dying to play this. It looks amazing.
agaures

Post by agaures »

As a mapper. I would like to know how you come up with these amazing designs.
(What's your secret?!?!)

Return to “Levels”