[V1.1] Spear: Return to Danger

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [WIP] Spear of Destiny: Return to Danger (Preview releas

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Okay, so the first two episodes have been released. Please give me some feedback so I can fix some problems with it and so I can make episodes 3 and 4 even better. :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

well, thanks for the next update, but i found something wrong.
the weapons, monsters are simple enough, it was got a little bit a big memory.
and that's how i open it with slumped, and i discovered why this wad's memory is bitty big.
few sound you're ripped from lost levels is so big.
memory of those sound is 441044~882044...
even sound is over, but it's still playing.
it's not a big problem, but unnecessary memories. i think you need to find very smooth sounds.
without that, anything is good?
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

These dogs are too fast:)
And If I'm not mistaken red guards need to have machine guns instead of a single pistol cause the shoot way too fast:)
Very interesting scenario btw. Keep up the good work. We need more wolfendoom wads.
Oh and add more objects like lamps you can always use the ones from Doomjedi's SOD MISSION 2 and 3 spritepack just like I did. (hires sprites). + More sectors for shadow effects.
Creeping_Infected

Post by Creeping_Infected »

Fun, everywhere. :wub:
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

If anyone can find me a way to convert IMFs to Midis I can fix the music.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Caleb26 wrote:These dogs are too fast:)
And If I'm not mistaken red guards need to have machine guns instead of a single pistol cause the shoot way too fast:)
Very interesting scenario btw. Keep up the good work. We need more wolfendoom wads.
Oh and add more objects like lamps you can always use the ones from Doomjedi's SOD MISSION 2 and 3 spritepack just like I did. (hires sprites). + More sectors for shadow effects.
i agree well maybe if u ask weasel u could make this playable for ww-nazis-v2 which would be a interesting concept
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Caleb26 wrote:These dogs are too fast:)
I had to make the dogs be threatening, so I made them swarm the player. The red guards use dual pistols, that's why they shoot so fast.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

armymen12002003 wrote:i agree well maybe if u ask weasel u could make this playable for ww-nazis-v2 which would be a interesting concept
Playable in what way? If RtD uses the same basic thing type numbers as Doom 2 does, ww-nazis-v2 should substitute in its own stuff with no real problems.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

New screenshots!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

cool mapping, just like a what story tells!
if you can make ultimate challenge, i wonder how you're mapping computer chamber.
lot's of tape cassette computers. lol
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

wildweasel wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:i agree well maybe if u ask weasel u could make this playable for ww-nazis-v2 which would be a interesting concept
Playable in what way? If RtD uses the same basic thing type numbers as Doom 2 does, ww-nazis-v2 should substitute in its own stuff with no real problems.
I tried playing this through with nazis, but since the machinegun replaces the shotgun you'll get a shotgun instead of a machinegun. Luckily, you can get an mp40 off the red guards in the first stage.
Killing the boss of Episode 2 usually makes it go to the next stage, but if it's replaced that won't happen...
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Screenshots added.
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

Back. :P Sorry, I didn't reply in a long time.

I played it, and it was fun!

Also, about the language thing, download this modified decorate (it has language lump in it too!) of your wad and take a peek in it. ;)

Load it up with the original mod, or just overwrite the 1 original file (decorate) in this mod (be sure to create a backup!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?vfgt7bxauv6732j

You can use it with your mod, it has your contents after all! :D

EDIT: I played it a little more, it was fun, but the boss's pain chance needs to be lowered. I can basically beat him while he stands there, prone.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
wildweasel wrote:
I tried playing this through with nazis, but since the machinegun replaces the shotgun you'll get a shotgun instead of a machinegun. Luckily, you can get an mp40 off the red guards in the first stage.
Killing the boss of Episode 2 usually makes it go to the next stage, but if it's replaced that won't happen...
i just finished it to with ww-nazis it works well except for the boss bug of episode 2
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Tapwave »

This is good. Verily. Never was a fan of abusive use of blue in weapons, but the maps look cool.

Return to “Levels”