[REL] Strife: Absolute Order

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
khorus

[REL] Strife: Absolute Order

Post by khorus »

Strife: Absolute Order is a 6 map hub for, well, Strife! The maps require a port compatible with ZDoom.

You can download the wad from /idgames.

Enjoy!

Screens!

If you're interested in more Strife to play, you can check out my last Strife project from 2010 here.
Ravick

Re: [REL] Strife: Absolute Order

Post by Ravick »

Looks beautiful! I'll download when I get home.
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Pure awesomeness. Maybe the first fight with interrogator in Elite difficulty was bit cramped. Difficult... But manageable.
khorus

Post by khorus »

Ravick wrote:Looks beautiful! I'll download when I get home.
Thanks. :) Hope you have fun!
CorSair wrote:Pure awesomeness. Maybe the first fight with interrogator in Elite difficulty was bit cramped. Difficult... But manageable.
Thank you. :) It's rather difficult to set up a challenging fight with the inquisitors because of their movement and the mauler (if available), so that's good to hear too. Fighting in the water is probably the safest way to beat him, but alternating between the two platforms makes for the easiest kill (take out the crusaders first of course :).
Gez

Post by Gez »

Little typo, nothing too important: "Your muscles are cybernetically enchanced!" (should be enhanced).
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

I`m stuck at the very beginning.Where should i go?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Try to sneak in a house by breaking some windows. It'll give you a keycard which you can use to unlock the teleporter to the mines.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

I loved this. Strife doesn't get enough custom content, but this was beautifully done. The ending was a little... weird, though.
Gez

Post by Gez »

By ending, you mean the endgame map and its peasant-based domino effect, or the actual ending, revisiting a corrupted Sweetwater?
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Gez wrote:By ending, you mean the endgame map and its peasant-based domino effect, or the actual ending, revisiting a corrupted Sweetwater?
I mean Peasant Domino Rally. Corrupted Sweetwater was not weird; it followed a formula I'm familiar with and fit the plotline of this quest perfectly. The Dominoes just came out of left field...
khorus

Post by khorus »

Gez wrote:Little typo, nothing too important: "Your muscles are cybernetically enchanced!" (should be enhanced).
Ahh bugger. A couple of other things have come up, so I'll do a bug fix release in a week or two.
Ed the Bat wrote:I loved this. Strife doesn't get enough custom content, but this was beautifully done.
Thanks! And I agree that Strife doesn't have enough extra content, which is why I'm doing something about that. :)
Ed the Bat wrote:The Dominoes just came out of left field...
Hehe, I'm surprised so many people are waiting that long on the final map. It's something of a tradition for me with every Strife release to come up with a new way of blasting away peasants to oblivion (I also don't take myself too seriously).
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Nice. Some love for Strife is always welcome and this is a nice little map set and self-contained story. Good fun.

I recognised your trademark finale. ;)

I notices in the void that there is a bit where you have to run across a poison pool. As you do, doors open on either side revealing some enemies. A couple of the enemies are green acolytes and I *think* that they may be too tall for the sector that they are in and they appear to be stuck as a result.

Return to “Levels”