[DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:46 am

Fast question: This maps supports mods that include custom weapons and/or monsters? sounds like an interesting premise
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby StroggVorbis » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:31 am

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:Fast question: This maps supports mods that include custom weapons and/or monsters? sounds like an interesting premise

IIRC yes it does except for one secret level which was made in homage to Harry Potter, which should be avoided anyway because upon entering you lose all of your weapons and don't get them back safe for what's placed in the map.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Deon » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:15 pm

I like the story + level flow + voice acting a lot.

Some levels themselves are a bit too basic for my taste (I am talking about long corridors without detail and simple rooms), but the flow/pace is really great so I enjoyed it. I also understand that you couldnt detail every room and corridor because it's a MEGAWAD and it would probably take you forever.

BUG REPORT:
There's a bug in the "hotel" level where you get an elevator malfunction: you can go back into the elevator behind you, it will teleport you back to the origin, but you cannot return to the next room since there was a sequence, and you get stuck.
Deon

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:05 am

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:Fast question: This maps supports mods that include custom weapons and/or monsters? sounds like an interesting premise

I actually enjoyed the maps, I always enjoy maps with custom interactions like this or Dark Encounters, and the voice acting is rather interesting. Some maps are relatively basic, but in general loved the mapset.

My only complain
Spoiler:

Overall, I loved playing this megawad. :wub: :wub:
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Postby Joey Diamond » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:33 am

I'm now stuck in map 23 Vivarium after killing all the arch-viles that got teleport back to the previous monster pens. The enemy count is also at 0 and because I was lowering the sound at the time, I couldn't hear the instruction commander where to go or what to do next.

I also playing with Doom Rogue-like Arsenal and its monster pack Which spawn a bonus boss after all monsters have been killed, not sure if this is the case or not.
Joey Diamond

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:34 am

Joey Diamond wrote:I'm now stuck in map 23 Vivarium after killing all the arch-viles that got teleport back to the previous monster pens. The enemy count is also at 0 and because I was lowering the sound at the time, I couldn't hear the instruction commander where to go or what to do next.

I also playing with Doom Rogue-like Arsenal and its monster pack Which spawn a bonus boss after all monsters have been killed, not sure if this is the case or not.

I recently played the map with DRLA + monsters too. You will actually have the advantage of skipping the Lost souls pens at they don't count as enemies for the count.

For the exit, Im not sure if you have to go to some point, but I think Vivarium ends automatically when the count reach to 0
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Postby Joey Diamond » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:01 pm

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:I recently played the map with DRLA + monsters too. You will actually have the advantage of skipping the Lost souls pens at they don't count as enemies for the count.

For the exit, Im not sure if you have to go to some point, but I think Vivarium ends automatically when the count reach to 0

So I go back a few save and try doing it again with no luck. The map still doesn't end when I killed the final group of Arch-viles. I even tried killing all the respawning Hungry and Shadow Imps which obviously do not count towards the monster percent to no avail.
Joey Diamond

Previous

Return to Levels