[DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Deathmatcher

Re: [DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

Post by Deathmatcher »

Hah, thanks, I'm glad you had a good time. And sorry to your wife 8-)
rockthemike13 wrote:My biggest complaint is that such a fantastic idea for a story and map design is limited to the Doom engine. This IMO would have made for a great stand alone game.
That's an interesting notion. Over the years, I sometimes actually forgot that I was working with Doom and was so immersed in my own universe that I considered it a standalone thing in my mind.
rockthemike13 wrote: You've not only reignited my passion for Doom, but video gaming in general.
Wow. :oops: This made my day. Things like this encourage me to keep going and sticking with this hobby. :)
DoomQuaker

Post by DoomQuaker »

Just started this megawad, after 5 levels I already know that's more than awesome! Can't wait to see other levels!
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

This wad sucks...

My life like nothing else!

This is incredible, the variety in the maps and their build is really awesome and really adds up for lots of fun. The change in detail from older to newer maps is noticeable. Thank you for such a cool megawad.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Seen quite an amount of bashing on that project, but it doesn't look THAT bad, so i might test it out. (considering Terratime that's probably gonna take ages haha)
PFL

Post by PFL »

- This was GREAT, marine. I felt like in Doom3 the whole time while listening to Riley's transforming voice. This feature added a great deal of fun to the journey because it was done the right way. I'd wish the voice would not mix with the action though; it was bad for my ears :-).
- Some insanely good ideas are found in this. If I can only state the ass-view from the bottom of the sink :-))))))))))
- There is, as some have mentioned, some repetitive battles to a limit in some levels.
- The UV selection gives the player some near impossible fight situations here and there.
- For those interested, combining this DTS-T with some BrutalDoom version will set the mood deeper. It worked great until two things: lag on "Of Blood & Steel" & a restart without the fists on one level that I forgot :-( sorry
- The behind the scenes paper is wonderful to read after completion. Great work of details there.
- So ... I don't think I need to comment further. You get the point. This was awesome. This is one of those I will have to play again(s).

Thanks for playing ... thanks for making it :-)

early eighties ... the 21st of 1981 but I didn't find the month ...
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

This works well with Brutal Doom and it's addons. ^^
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Could this be it? Could this be the best megawad I've played? I'd say yes!
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Will this be able to be compatible with zandronum?? look great and very well done!
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

i just made it compatible by removing two flags from the scurrying rats ill be uploading this modded version to bestever but keep in mind this is not mp compatible all i did was make the necessary edits for it to run in zandronum :)
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

TiberiumSoul wrote:i just made it compatible by removing two flags from the scurrying rats ill be uploading this modded version to bestever but keep in mind this is not mp compatible all i did was make the necessary edits for it to run in zandronum :)
Thanks very much kind sir and no problem with the mp section glad to know u did the effort to make it compatible :D
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Apparently (Not that it's too much of a game breaker, if you're able to resist picking them all up) playing this Megawad with Xaser's "Psychic" resulted in replacing the Rain spawners (I think they're the rain spawners, at least) with the "full psy" powerups.
Spoiler:
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Well, as far as I'm aware, this project wasn't designed with gameplay mods compatibility in mind, so that is something to be expected.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

works just fine wih my mod..

also Mav3rick, i looked through the maps in gzdoombuilder they all have 8 player starts.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

TiberiumSoul wrote:works just fine wih my mod..

also Mav3rick, i looked through the maps in gzdoombuilder they all have 8 player starts.
Sound good to me. :)
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

Yes, that was a last minute change I did to make it more convenient to people wanting to try coop.

There are probably some maps which should play fine in coop, especially if people keep in mind that it's not officially supported and play in a non-level-breaking way. :wink:
It's utterly untested, however, so expect dead-ends and breaking scripts, especially later in the game.

Return to “Levels”