[Megawad] No End In Sight

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NaturalTvventy

Re: [Megawad] No End In Sight -- Beta 3.1

Post by NaturalTvventy »

It's out, by the way.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And we know, i guess?
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Damn good megaWAD. <3
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

The download link in the first post of this thread is an old beta download. The current release version appears to be here:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... awads/neis
Xaser

Re: [Megawad] No End In Sight

Post by Xaser »

Fixed up the linkage. Thanks there.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I hope it is okay for me to bump this thread. I finally found the time to sit down and play this mapset. So far, I am enjoying it a lot.

However, I made it to E1M9 and I just cannot figure out how to get the secret. Looking at the automap, I presume it must be located inside the structure at the center of the level, but I have no idea how to get inside. I tried looking for a video walkthrough to help me, to no avail.

Does anyone know?
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I hope it is okay for me to bump this thread. I finally found the time to sit down and play this mapset. So far, I am enjoying it a lot.

However, I made it to E1M9 and I just cannot figure out how to get the secret. Looking at the automap, I presume it must be located inside the structure at the center of the level, but I have no idea how to get inside. I tried looking for a video walkthrough to help me, to no avail.

Does anyone know?
I believe that there's no secret in that stage, I can check it out...
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

leodoom85 wrote:
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I hope it is okay for me to bump this thread. I finally found the time to sit down and play this mapset. So far, I am enjoying it a lot.

Does anyone know?
I believe that there's no secret in that stage, I can check it out...
Ok, I've discover how. When you pick up the keys, the center circle with the 4 areas will open and monsters will come out along with the corners of the map, right?. I think that those walls can keep opened once, maybe I'm wrong. But in the very center there's the secret with a soulsphere inside
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Looking at it in a map editor, I think the doors that opened when you picked up the keys are set as the "door opens after 5 minutes" type. So it might just be coincidence that they opened after you got the keys. That's if we're talking about the same area.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Enjay wrote:Looking at it in a map editor, I think the doors that opened when you picked up the keys are set as the "door opens after 5 minutes" type. So it might just be coincidence that they opened after you got the keys. That's if we're talking about the same area.
Ah, that's the reason...well, too much coincidence. Between killing the monsters (252 in UV) and picking up the keys...
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Oh man, I hate those kind of secrets. They rely too much on luck and in a way actively discourage exploration.

Anyway, thanks!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, so I'm finally getting into this mapset. I don't have much time ATM so I'm just chewing away at it one level at a time when I get the chance (which, fortunately, the level size (so far) allows quite nicely). As such, I haven't made too much progress but what I have seen so far I have really liked. Many of the maps seem reminiscent of maps in similar slots in the original game but these are ramped up in appearance and difficulty and thereby more suited to a modern audience. some really nice, cunning stuff here and the kind of gameplay that makes Doom great.

It seems like a really fine set of maps so far and, seeing as how it's a Xaser product, I don't expect it to go downhill one little bit.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I'm currently playing through this mapset with D4D and associated mods, great fun but very tough even on Hurt Me Plenty. The maps are a far cry from the relatively simple vanilla Doom maps with multiple and sometimes optional keys and teleporters.

Great job on the new campaigns, I really like them.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

While searching for a walkthrough guide, I stumbled upon the Doom wiki page for No End In Sight and it says there is a second secret map that goes by the name of 'E1M0: Tom's Halls'.

My question is, how do I access it?

Also, I know it is rather late, but I noticed a typo in first episode's epilogue: "monologe"
NaturalTvventy

Post by NaturalTvventy »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:While searching for a walkthrough guide, I stumbled upon the Doom wiki page for No End In Sight and it says there is a second secret map that goes by the name of 'E1M0: Tom's Halls'.

My question is, how do I access it?

Also, I know it is rather late, but I noticed a typo in first episode's epilogue: "monologe"

IDCLEV 10

Return to “Levels”