[WIP] Beyond the Portal

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zero X. Diamond

Re: [WIP] Beyond the Portal

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

ReedtheStrange wrote:I understand that GZdoom could potentially compromise some of the colorful pixel Spear of Destiny graphical elements, but OpenGL did not kill that in the OpenGL edition of Spear of Destiny. I will be more careful, but the GZdoom engine allows me to execute the skyboxes as I originally intended. I oozed dopamine the first time I walked through the GZdoom version. I may just leave it without GZdoom necessary features because I do prefer sprites the way they are in Zdoom; however, I think that I'm going to be sold on GZdoom.
What does any of this mean? If anything, GZDoom is better for colors because you don't have to work in a restricted palette, and the only difference for sprites between the two ports is that GZDoom has options to turn on really ugly smoothing options, and even that is something controlled by the user, not the content that's loaded.
ReedtheStrange

Re: [WIP] Beyond the Portal

Post by ReedtheStrange »

Yes, but there certain features that I thought were GZdoom only.

Return to “Levels”