[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Risen

Post by Risen »

That's good to hear, since I still do not have anything to work from and I will be starting E1M7 from scratch when I get home tonight. I have a lot of work to do... I think I will definitely need more time...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, let's pass these 2 weeks and then we will look further ;)

BTW, here is some preview of E1M5 room 2 I am working on:
I removed most of the Doom2 textures, added consoles and this need little vertical light gradient you can see at the walls ;) Damn. thats detail ;)
arcticwolf

Post by arcticwolf »

Tormentor667 wrote:Well, let's pass these 2 weeks and then we will look further ;)

BTW, here is some preview of E1M5 room 2 I am working on:
I removed most of the Doom2 textures, added consoles and this need little vertical light gradient you can see at the walls ;) Damn. thats detail ;)
Very nice! It's good that those PIPEWALL textures are finally gone, and I also think the split door looks better now.

Good work (but of course, I didn't expect anything else from you). ^_^
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

:shock:
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Hay, put some pipe wall back there! Do what Nightmare did! Star tan on the top and pipes at the bottom! I don't understand all this hatred to anything in Doom2... the point is, why choose Doom2 if you don't want us to use Doom2 testures? That area doesn't look as good IMO anymore.

:evil:
arcticwolf

Post by arcticwolf »

Lexus Alyus wrote:Hay, put some pipe wall back there! Do what Nightmare did! Star tan on the top and pipes at the bottom! I don't understand all this hatred to anything in Doom2... the point is, why choose Doom2 if you don't want us to use Doom2 testures? That area doesn't look as good IMO anymore.

:evil:
Don't be silly, noone's hating DOOM 2. I (as well as some others, I guess, but I really can only speak for myself) just think that the texture didn't look good, and I'm glad to see it changed now. What's wrong with that?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Lexus - At the beginning, the pipes where already in this setting, as Nightmare's suggestion has been but then I saw, that this vertical light effect could be overseen very easily. And to be honest, this effect looks too cool and the work was to hard to put the pipes back there agin ;) But maybe I find another way to add some "Lexus Style" there ;) And now stop being pissed ;) *givesyoucandy*
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, one more shot, this time from the mainroom of E1M5

I changed several textures (sorry guys but why do you use those horizontal simple brown stripes!? The look like shit!) and added lots of new detail.
arcticwolf

Post by arcticwolf »

That looks very nice as well. ^^
Risen

Post by Risen »

How do those tiles work with the deep nukage? I would think they'd look very poor from underneath... I took the platform there out for a reason... I wanted the player to have to jump across quickly! It makes the battle just up the stairs more interesting if they didn't take the time to clear it out beforehand.

Also if you use a flat texture on the curved ceiling the effect will not show nearly as well as it could.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - Well, I make the pool more realistic with a groupteleport (dukestyle), because I also wanted to add some more underwater tunnels there, so no problem about the small plates. I think you are right about the flat texture on the curved ceiling, this is why I think about another alternative, maybe I will use METAL or some kind of that structure.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

There's not much I can do to E1M9, but I'll see what more I can get done before Friday night.
cyber-menace

Post by cyber-menace »

I think Z1M9 should have plenty of Zdoom forum secrets. Being the secret level, people would have to earn it. Like whenever someone gets around to touching up the level, a "Cyber-Menace Birthday" secret wouldn't be a bad idea, because it was my birthday when I got the map and other such secrets.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@UltimateDoomer - You can always add new features and spice up the areas from week2 ;) And don't forget to place the secret weapon 7 there!
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

That seccond sghot does look quite nice and i suppose I'll accept yoyr reeasons for destroying my texturing... but you won't be so lucky in the future! :D.

I never use lines sloped textueres... only on those pipes, but they are facing in the right direction. I like the browness and the greeness of the seccond shot of Z1m5... cool stuff...

:twisted:

Return to “Levels”