[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

geedougg wrote:The first shot is very good .But the "jagged" lighting sector edges of the second shot aren't too good in my opinion (in my HUMBLE opinion, that is). Maybe you can make it look like it has a smooth gradiented transition.

Agreed. The lighting looks totally unrealistic. This has to be changed because oddities like this one are extremely jarring and may annoy some people.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nmn - Thanks alot for that ;) It was a lot of work and I'm proud of how it turned out at the end!

@TheDarkArchon - Right, so the person in Slot number 3 should do this!!!!!!

@darkhaven3 - Read the above and by the way, the first shot looks good but the second very bad. The light behaves very unrealistic and I'd be happy if you could make it again as it was before, because it was much better! By the way, I have a suggestion for you: As far as I know, the yellow key isn't used already in the map, just red and blue, this means you could add some new areas for which you need some yellow puzzle stuff (because I'd like to have my areas as they are now, no changing or alteration!)

@kirby - The shots look muich better then your previous work, keep it up :)
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Which part of e1m8 is amaizing? Most of it is Tormentors... the long door (to the left of the instalation) leads to a room by me (the hallways and the room with the contained demons is mine). And everything after yuou collect the blue sphere is mine too.

I don't smoke anyway... at least, I havn't smoked for like 3 years (and I never touch tabacco).

What barons? I used one on hard to keep it pritty difficult... So, on easy you get a brown baron and an hell knight, on medeum you get a hell knight and a baron and on hard you get a barron and a TUD baron. That seems fair to me.

:twisted:
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Whole e1m8 is friggin' amazing, not to mention I love night-time maps. The weirdness of teleporting marines was particuly awe-filling.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

No, at all difficulty settings, both TUD barons should be placed. On harder difficulties, we should add some brown barons (satyrs) and spectres!
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Tell that to the guy that has the map now :D.

Risen

Post by Risen »

Argh, where's my map?
arcticwolf

Post by arcticwolf »

Wrong, wrong, wrong - that should be "Dude, where's my map?" ^^
NecromANGEL

Post by NecromANGEL »

May I ask stupid question? Are you all using some texture pack that everyone except me has? Somehow most walls in ZE1M? on my zdoom look like gray-and-white chessboard :( If there are one - please, give me link to it ^^
arcticwolf

Post by arcticwolf »

There's a resource pack (ZD1RES.WAD) that you can find somewhere on the earlier pages of the thread.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NecromAngel - Check the first page,. there you will find the resource wad!
Risen

Post by Risen »

I took my version down once it became out of date (TUD did something with it) but you never updated the main page with his resource link.

I was thinking about how to better title the project... but I couldn't decide, would it be "ZDeep in the Dead" or "Knee-deep in the Z"?

Hmm... I suspect only those moderately culturally literate will appreciate the humor in that. Oh well.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

So, can you give me the new one?! Looks like I've overseen the new one :(
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I get it... knee deep in the zed :D.

Carnevil

Post by Carnevil »

Risen wrote:Argh, where's my map?
I didn't have any time to work on it. Sorry.

Return to “Levels”