[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby GeeDougg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:18 am

Bouncy wrote:Well, if the boss meter's showing but no boss, there's your problem. Nothing can progress from that point unless the boss is dead. x_x

now, why the boss isn't showing, I have no idea.

Turns out I ran right past the lava pool right when it was forming.... Apparently if you do that whatever trigger it is that makes the final boss appear won't work. I reloaded the autosave from that point and let the pool of lava form this time so that the final boss would appear....

Excellent WAD< btw. There are a lot of glitches and missing/black textures when running under the latest GZDooM, and other minor or sometimes not so minor issues here and there, including the little possessed fast-moving sliding "conveyor belt texture" that someone already pointed out here, and even sopme weird shrooms/acid effect colours and appearing/disappearing textures on top of other textures.... This made for some trippy effects with the lights definition under GZDooM, but it was still a very enjoyable experience overall. An easy 5/5; can't wait 'till Ep. 2 get's finished.... ;P
GeeDougg
HALT, HAMMERZEIT!

Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Postby Ryan Cordell » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:28 am

Missing textures are most likely a fault with glows under GLDefs, as those glows are a slope's worst nightmare, infact.
Ryan Cordell
PDA Man

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Vader » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:39 am

Missing textures could also mean you're using Doom2 instead of Doom!
Vader
Mandroid ginger Ninja

Postby Enjay » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:06 am

Yeah, I can almost guarantee the black textures are there because the Doom2 IWAD is being used rather than the Doom one. That's exactly how the missing textures manifest when doom2.wad is used.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Marcus101RR » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:38 am

I found a missing texture on Map03 when going for the blue key, right before the nukage pit with the switch. If you look up, there seems to be a missing texture.
Marcus101RR

Discord: Marcus101RR#0623
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Virtue » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:45 am

InsanityBringer wrote:In the compatibility menu, check "All special lines can block <use>". It it is yes, then turn it off.

yes!! thank you it works now :)
Virtue
We Stand to Fight

Postby Zippy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:27 am

Generally, when you are playing anything new, you should leave all the compatibility options on their default value. Their purpose is really just as their name implies: for compatibility. Specifically, with older wads that relied on the different behavior of the engine.
Zippy
Your Golden Boy

Discord: Zurock#4834

Postby Enjay » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:39 am

I never use the compat options and didn't even realize that was one. I just had a look at my options. Everything is set to no except interpolative monster movement. Ironically, that's the only one that I don't know what it actually does. I've checked the Wiki and can't find it - so, what does that do?

[edit]Nevermind, I found it and trying it on and off the difference can be seen.[/edit]
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby GeeDougg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:49 pm

Yeah, sorry, I DID use Doom 2 instead of Doom 1 - it's a habbit I guess....
GeeDougg
HALT, HAMMERZEIT!

Postby Marcus101RR » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:48 pm

I have to say, I cannot wait for skulltag version and the new updated. this topic has alot of replies.
Marcus101RR

Discord: Marcus101RR#0623
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Penguinator » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:12 pm

Yeah, I'll wait until 1.1 to attempt my 100% all go through.

@GeeDougg: Welcome back to the forums.
Penguinator
Resurrect

Postby GeeDougg » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:23 pm

@Penguinator: Thanks! :) Although I'm technically not really "back"; I'm extremely busy with school (which is the primary reason for why I disappeared again) and I don't think I'm going to have any more free time to come back to the forums for a while - I just pop my head back in now from time to time, just to opinionate on thigns that I really feel like I need to, and also reading a few threads.... The main reason I came back temporarily this time was KDIZD - and as much work as I had to do, I couldn't skip out on playing the finished product, especially when it happened to be a project that I'd waited for and watched desperately during the past 2 or 3 years; so I DL'ed it and got GZDooM working again and played the whole thing through, and naturally when I ran into some problems (albeit moronically newbish ones) I thought I'd plead for help here.... Anyways I think I've yapped enough here for now. :P Thanks for noticing I was gone. :P

Cheers
GeeDougg
HALT, HAMMERZEIT!

Postby oODemonologistOo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:27 am

A perfectly done mod for doom. I really liked that :D. btw there are some bugs that I found such as some sector bugs, some texture bugs ( they appear black ) and something that I don't think a bug but when Irun out of ammo and press fire again it gives me plasma cannon which I never used till all game ( noticed this on final boss arena ) except all those PERFECT 9/10!
Last edited by oODemonologistOo on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
oODemonologistOo
undecided

Postby Gez » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:01 am

oODemonologistOo wrote:some texture bugs ( they appear black )

'Cause you didn't use DOOM.WAD but DOOM2.WAD. This is "DOOM EPISODE 1: KNEE-DEEP IN ZDOOM", not "ZDOOM2: HELL ON ZDOOM."

oODemonologistOo wrote:and sumthin that i don't think a bug but when i run out of ammo and press fire again it gives me plasma cannon

Standard ZDoom behavior, switching to best available weapon (except the puny or dangerous ones) when out of ammo. This is not a bug, just a proof that you did cheat! :P
Gez

Postby Unknown_Assassin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:50 pm

oODemonologistOo wrote:sumthin that i don't think a bug but when i run out of ammo and press fire again it gives me plasma cannon which i never used till all game

There was no plasma cannon (unless I'm mistaking it for something else) in KDiZD. Also, it can't be cheating because when you do 'give all' or idfa, you can't even get the plasma rifle (assuming that the plasma cannon is actually a plasma rifle).

The so called "Plasma Cannon" goes first because of the weapon.selection order. Everytime you run out of ammo, it automatically selects the weapon with the lowest number.
Unknown_Assassin
Bow down to the Protoss Race!!

PreviousNext

Return to Levels