[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby Nmn » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:53 pm

Usual Progress report:
WIP Editor Pic, with some fancy names. Look how e1m4 grows...
BTW, look at the former "swastika room"

A room with barrels.

Piping room

Take a guess..
Now it's 00.54, and I gotta get some sleep. , I may be offline for sometime, but nothing fatal, just have to rewire some stuff. :)
Nmn
Dafuq lmao

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Kirby » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:39 pm

mmmm

These are made with the new textures, very niceeee :)

I'm thinking this is the...room that looked like this?

LOL, I'm only guessing, but if it is, it looks real good :D
Kirby
Soon to be chastized

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:45 pm

Yeah, beautiful this is :)

I just have one suggestion: Work more with original E1 textures (startan, comp, tek) to make it look a bit more like it's original. As for now - without any doubt - it looks great but it gets very hard to get the E1 feeling once more. I don' say, you have to remove all your textures now, just add some E1 textures and also some E1 structures ;) Look at my screenies @ page 10 and you will know what I mean.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Kirby » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:51 pm

LOL, this makes me so excited. I can't wait for the first two guys to finish so i can help too!

lol, hope I'm not too over-excited :lol:
Kirby
Soon to be chastized

Postby Kirby » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:00 pm

farlowj wrote:Lexus, just tell me the areas where you want to work on e1m6, and I'll work on the other parts. That way, if it looks bad, I can just say you worked on that part. Just kidding. Anyway, I need to do some more work to keep up to par with you guys.

Your telling me...

I'm gonna have to try real hard to keep with what you guys are doing to the map.
Kirby
Soon to be chastized

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:24 pm

Phew... working now on my "ZPhobos ZAnomaly ZZZZZEZ1ZZZM8ZZZZ" for another one and a half hour (I just wanted to fix up some things in 10 minutes... but well it is 3:19 AM atm ;) Damnit!) and I am almost finished with the touches I want to give to the map. I have the bad feeling that after my work, no one else will have to do anything because I can't stop work on it until it is finished in my eyes :) (detail & stuff, not skill & ammo & monsters).

Nevertheless, here is another screenshot of a new part (which will get very scary in later parts of the progress) and some new information for you :)
-----------------
ACTUAL STATS:
5058 Vertices
5842 Linedefs
10529 Sidedefs
1012 Sectors
334 Things
-----------------
PIC OF THE DAY
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby farlowj » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:53 pm

Hey Kirby, I wrote that when I thought Lexus was going to do e1m6. Now that he isn't, and you are, the offer still stands. And also, I don't think you have to worry about "keeping up with us", I think you should worry more about making what I did up to par with everybody else. I haven't got too much, because I'm slow, and I have to take care of a lot of stuff. (I just became a "legal" adult, so you know how that goes)
farlowj
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Postby Kirby » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:53 pm

Hold up...

Your saying I can work on it now?

YAY!
Lemme know where I can get the one you were working on and I'll get right to it! :lol: :D 8-) :P :o :) :D
Kirby
Soon to be chastized

Postby farlowj » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:23 pm

Well, actually, I just wanted to know if there is a specific part of the map that you don't want me to work on so you can do everything that you want to do, but I still have some more I'd like to do.
farlowj

Postby Kirby » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:52 pm

Not a prob

You can work on whatever part of the level you wish to work on, it's fine with me. Just lemme know when your done and I'll work on what you didn't work on.

Is that ok with you?
Kirby
Soon to be chastized

Postby farlowj » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:00 pm

It's okay with me, but I just realized we were forgetting NinjaofDoom, who is between us, sorry about that Ninja. But, there should be plenty you can spruce up.
farlowj

Postby Kirby » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:08 pm

yea, trust me, I'll have plenty leftover for u :)

Just lemme know when ur done farlowj, I'm over-enthusiastic about working on it (lol, im such a freak)
Kirby
Soon to be chastized

Postby GeeDougg » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:29 pm

:o

@NMN: If ZDoom mapping made money you'd be a millionaire by now.

@Tormentor: Hey if you seriously intend to do this same thing to all Doom episodes then that's good 'cuz that means that I can join in the fun at some point! Yay! There's hope!

@Mephisto: I don't know if you're still doing E1M2, but anyways I thought I'd just say that one of your zombies is in the wrong sector (in the newly made edge of the wall). But I'm sure you already noticed...! :wink:
GeeDougg
HALT, HAMMERZEIT!

Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Postby Bio Hazard » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:32 am

Nmn wrote:Usual Progress report:

*PICTURES*

i want R:ONE so bad now you have no idea
Bio Hazard
Lord of the Lord of Nitpicking.

Postby Nmn » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:40 am

Bio Hazard wrote:i want R:ONE so bad now you have no idea

hehe, now You can be SURE R-one will be quality :)
Nmn
Dafuq lmao

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

PreviousNext

Return to Levels