[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby Risen » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:20 pm

Hmm.. this is probably going against my better judgement, but...

If Mephisto is out I'll pick up E1M2 week 1.
Risen

Postby TheDarkArchon » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:12 pm

Tormentor667 wrote:This shot shows some of the new rooms, I added to the map (so you have some places where you will find the keys for the doors in order to proceed.). It's kinda similar to one of the E1M3 or E1M4 rooms, not sure about the number.

It's E1M4

Tormentor667 wrote:Another doomish new room for E1M8. It is also rebuild from scratch from E1M ... well, forgot :) I just have the picture and the part of the map in mind ;)

And that's the room before the normal exit of E1M3
TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Postby Kirby » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:12 pm

Tormentor667 wrote:@Kirby - You can still join but I have absolutely no idea when this will start. Week 2 must be full, then I will start officially with week one. Choose your map now :)

E1M6

Count me in :D
Kirby
Soon to be chastized

Postby Nmn » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:21 pm

Week one has not started yet (officially)? That means we're doing dirty (unlegal) work ;)
Nmn
Dafuq lmao

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Ninja_of_DooM » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:21 pm

If I were a better mapper I'd take another week 2 slot but it would be too much work. I'll maybe take a week 3 slot depending on how things go.:D
Ninja_of_DooM

Postby Bio Hazard » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:31 pm

Nmn wrote:Week one has not started yet (officially)? That means we're doing dirty (unlegal) work ;)

oh man! we wouldnt want to dissapoint T667, i guess you and i will just have to scrap what we have and wait till the real start time ;)
Bio Hazard
Lord of the Lord of Nitpicking.

Postby Nmn » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:36 pm

What makes me dissapointed is that we can't find ppl for other weeks. With this stage of evolution we-current active mappers will probably undergo more mapping. I wonder if C-cooper is too busy with Flay the Obscene 4 :)
Nmn
Dafuq lmao

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:53 pm

@Bio - Well, until it isn't officially started, you have no time limit ;)

@wildweasel - Acutally I wanted to finish this in 3 weeks but as long as week 2 isn't fully filled, I didn't want to start this. But, I am not pissed, if some persons start before we start officially. To be honest: The resources are there and the users have time. Where's the prbolem? And if Week 1 was actually 2 weeks, who cares at the end if the result looks great?!

@Nmn - Well, we will see :) And yes, it is "illegal dirty work" (bwaahahahaha) :)

@Risen . You are in, but please use "mephisto's beta map"!

@Archon - Thx for the exact description ;)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby The Ultimate DooMer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:00 pm

So the first week hasn't officially started, then?

(if so that's good, as I've been busy getting SSD back on schedule and haven't started E1M3 yet...)
The Ultimate DooMer
Will you start the fans please!

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:03 pm

@All - The new monster.wad is available as the weapons.wad is ;) Check the mainpage for more info!

...and by the way: Can someone tell the other "week 1"ers, that we inofficially have begun with work and if they have time, they can also already begin?
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:12 pm

@Ultimate, no it hasn't but as you can see, some persons are already working and I appreciate enthusiasm ;)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:20 pm

Another Suggestion
I don't think we always have to use the same skybox (the E1 one) in each level. So feel free to alter and modify them a bit to get some more game-depth! If you need new textures for this, create them using the TX_START and TX_END entries!

Oh and by the way (thoughts of my crazy brain now available):
Spoiler:
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Kirby » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:30 pm

So, the way this works is taht after one person spends one week on it, another person spends a week on it and then the last person spends a week on it. Is that the case?

And just to make sure, Did I get the second or third week slot for the level e1m6?:)
Kirby
Soon to be chastized

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:33 pm

@Kirby - Check the mainpage (threadstart) and you will see about the slot :) About the weeks: This is how it was intended but I think I will change "week" into "editing period" *lol* :) Sorry, don't know exactly, but you will have at last one week!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Kirby » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:37 pm

OK, thanx for the info :P
Kirby
Soon to be chastized

PreviousNext

Return to Levels