[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby Wasted Youth » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:50 pm

Too bad you can't launch rockets at the building and blow them up and save the doom marine a lot of stress and pain :lol:
Wasted Youth

Postby Nmn » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:04 am

Well duh, the military won't fry (like french fries :D ) their precious gateway experiments they've worked on for so long, besides, I presume the UAC got the Phobos bases when Flynn was fighting in Hell-thus they got something back to earth with them.
Wait a second.. if that's how monsters invaded earth, what about Baphomet's plans?
Ahh.. Doom story really is interesting after all :P
Nmn

Postby Tormentor667 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:30 am

@NMN - Wow, that looks amazing :) But we should add some more sloped mountains around the complete building complex, so it looks like a crater as it does on the real intermission screen.

@Risen + cccp - Indeed, Week 1 hasn't started yet and we still need a a last mapper for this, but Lexus' doesn't want to participate and I have no idea who to ask else :(
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Nmn » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:47 am

Threre is a crater, tough it's not visible, I'll think about it.
Also the background mountains look waaaay too huge compraed that what we have here should be treated as "full scale". I'll think about it...
Maybe something more to enhance the horizon. I'll think about it.. :D
Nmn

Postby Tormentor667 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:05 am

Sounds ... well, great, if I think about it ;)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Tormentor667 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:11 am

Oh btw, I have some more ideas for this Intermission thing: What about adding some more gfx's to the scene?! Maybe a border around the screen making it look like a "Terminal" or "PDA" you have with you?! What about "Interlacing" (every second line black or 50% black transparent) to make it look like a real terminal?! :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Re: The Art of Doom Mini-Mapping

Postby Ixnatifual » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:55 am

Nmn wrote:Double Post to bump thread.
Here it is. I've altered the scripts a bit tough to have You walk around and look closer. Someone has to improve the script to make it usable for endings after every level. :) Enjoy
omfg that pwns
Ixnatifual
Is that virtuous?!

Postby ellmo » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:36 am

Nmn wrote:Apetizer:

:shock:

Uh... yeah.
Just add more variety to terrain, as Torm said. Not only sloping mountains, but varying textures. Also you can set a small lake here or there... Do you imagine a waterfall somewhere in the background?

/me goes to run ZETH and map

Oh, good to hear that week 1 hasn't even started yet. Guess I'll have more time to add quality o ZE1M3...
ellmo
Demons to some, Angels to others...

Postby cccp_leha » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:41 am

Tormentor667 wrote:@Risen + cccp - Indeed, Week 1 hasn't started yet and we still need a a last mapper for this, but Lexus' doesn't want to participate and I have no idea who to ask else :(
It didn't start yet? :shock: I was under the impression that we had to submit our stuff today. In that case, "disregard the previous message".
cccp_leha
Words are silver; silence is gold... so stfu.

Postby ellmo » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:48 am

shit... Im having some problems with sloping one hallway in ZE1M3... I thought I've seen the effect I'm aiming for in M7 or M5... I don't want to show this to you before it's finished, so I think I'll ask NMN, and see if he can do something about it.

If not, well, I'll have to pass this to someone else. Just in case. Who feels very familiar with slopes?
ellmo
Demons to some, Angels to others...

Postby Risen » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:30 am

Whoever has E1M7, I found another bug; one of the ceiling slopes in the hallway shortly before the (original) blue door is incorrect. If whoever is working on it can't find it, I'll get a screenshot.

cccp: No problem, I'll stay as previously planned.

Torm: Are we preserving co-op support? deathmatch support? If so, player starts be added for 5-8 and deathmatch tweaking could be an entire set of time yet again.

I don't really know what to do with E1M4 yet...
- the new parts (large open areas) just do not fit with the rest of the map. I think they should be removed... what does anyone else think?
- where is the player 1 start supposed to go? In the original location (next to players 2, 3, 4)?
- Is the map completable? I couldn't figure out how to trigger a number of the scripts to get doors and such open.

ellmo: I'm familiar with slopes, I worked on M5 and I did all of M7 so it's very likely I built what you are looking at.
Risen

Postby Tormentor667 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:55 am

@Risen - No DM Support, though you can place start points but coop support would be great :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Woolie Wool » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:08 pm

Nmn wrote:Apetizer:

I must be dreaming. *drool*
Woolie Wool
Call Apogee Say "Snappity!"

Discord: Woolie Wool#9878
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby jallamann » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:31 pm

Awesome, all!
This makes me want to learn zdoom :)
jallamann
isn't very active on the forums at all

Postby Risen » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:36 pm

Tormentor667 wrote:@Risen - No DM Support, though you can place start points but coop support would be great :)

Good, I agree. I'm not too concerned with the extra effort it would take to make these into good DM levels but cooperative should be preserved. Everyone working on maps, make sure you add the extra start points.
Risen

PreviousNext

Return to Levels