[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Tormentor667 wrote: 5(2). Why?
6. Why? It works fine and is very useful!
@ 5(2). I don't mean it's look. But mostly it's power.
@ 6. Try shooting in different directions. It's beacuse of missiles velocity. Like, shooting in northern direction would make the bullet go straight, but then shooting in nothern-west direction would make the bullet go 30 units left. Just for an example.

Try shooting at something from large distances using zoom. You'll see how wicked is it,

Me proposes two other weapons. Railgun and a Mortar Gun.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

No to the railgun. Railguns and other energy weapons don't suit E1. Thats why the plasma rifle and BFG are being replaced in the first place.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

TheDarkArchon wrote:No to the railgun. Railguns and other energy weapons don't suit E1. Thats why the plasma rifle and BFG are being replaced in the first place.
Exactly!
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

ellmo wrote: Railgun and a Mortar Gun.
Have you seen the grenade launcher? I think that qualifies good enuff :P
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Kirby wrote:
ellmo wrote: Railgun and a Mortar Gun.
Have you seen the grenade launcher? I think that qualifies good enuff :P
Nope, unless someone makes it look at least nice. Now it's just a low quality sprite ripped from som other place.

As for the Railguns. They were never energy weapons, Archon, I take it you never played Quake 2 or 3. Railguns release uranium depleted slugs at ultra high velocities. Come to think of it... it's just a ballistic weapon.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@ellmo - But not everyone has this detailed exact information of railguns ;) Everyone is used to the "energy railgun" used in ZDoom which in return uses cell packs. So it doesn't feel like Episode 1, no way.
But I agree with the sprites, anyone willed to do centered grenadelauncher sprites? Or just alter Alpha sprites to be used in our wad? (just look for good ones in the 99 weapons pack).
I also have another suggestion for the rifle: What about making a better muzzle flash for it? Maybe copy a shotgun one to this one would look much better.

@all - Where is the latest resource wad and is anyone willed to fix the SUPPORT2 texture, the DECORATE problem (no decorate items shown in DB) and also add the "Super Baron" to the Decorate itself?
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Tormentor667 wrote:@ellmo - But not everyone has this detailed exact information of railguns ;) Everyone is used to the "energy railgun" used in ZDoom which in return uses cell packs. So it doesn't feel like Episode 1, no way.

Then waht's the big problem makin it fire slugs other than cells? None. I have a raiglun in drd and it uses cells, tho... but it's just a five seconds work before it has other ammo type.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Sorry, no to railgun and I'm not gonna discuss this now furthermore, because the decision has already been done about 50 pages ago!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Tormentor667 wrote:@ellmo - But not everyone has this detailed exact information of railguns ;) [/b]

Then watch the movie 'Eraser'! There it is sufficiently explained...
;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Zahl - Damn you are right ;) Now stop it and leave the weapons as they are (except looking for GrenadeLauncher sprites, what about the ones from Skulltag?)

As for my progress on E1M2 - I found many areas which haven't been touched yet and I also noticed a lot of ... well areas which can be made much better and that is what I am doing right now :) After that, I will add 2 or 3 new areas and then I will work on gameplay, enough things for "week1" I think ;)
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

I've got pretty much every centred + doomish looking weapon ever made, so this evening I'll look through them all and see if there's something that would work for a grenade launcher.

As for other weapons, what about a flamethrower, a mega-rocket launcher, or a multi-rocket launcher?
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Nightmare- the flamthrower would be nice, but the others I think You're just joking :P

Weapons-leave them as they are! We.. I mean You ;) are way into to the project than to care for something that was decided in the beginning.
It's like modyfying the pallette when we have 100 textures already... :roll: :wink:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nightmare - Interesting ideas (except the megarocket), but who will do this? And do you know that this should be finished as soon as possible so we can place that into the resources for gameplay adjustment?!

As NMN said: We should leave everything as it is (except the sprites for the launcher and the muzzle flash of the rifle), I don't want to start over and over again with old issues!
Risen

Post by Risen »

M4 mid-week progress:
- Removed the areas that didn't fit.
- Moved the better new areas around to match the flow of the map.
- Fixed the reactor's transfer_heights teleport.
- Moved player starts 2-4
- Placed player starts 5-8
- Began retexturing to come closer to an E1 feel

Still to go for this week:
- Provide a map exit
- continue retexturing as above
- ensure map can be completed from start to finish

Probably won't get to:
- Item/Monster balance
- ensuring full cooperative support
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Because I am involved in E1m4 in one or other way I must ask You for screenshots.

Return to “Levels”