[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - I send you a pm!

@NMN - Show the screenie :)
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

I'm here :) First thing: Who has E1m4? I would like to see some screenshots. I mean c'mon, I've put almost 3500 sectors there o_0 would like to see how it's progressing, many parts need to be finished, still.
How's e1m3? Now I've seen no screenshots from that map :?
E1m1 anyone? And Bio-how's e1m9?
Now it's my 5 minutes:
More like Mars, rather than Phobos 0_o

Surprise! :D

I've rebuilt the central Hub, not to mention the proceedur of unlocking the next colored doors. Bah, the whole way trough the map has been seriously altered, like a wild good chase after beta, gamma, admin yadda yadda passes and locks =:)

now comes the big cake ;)
o___0
uhh. yup :D
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

:thumb:

That's E1M6? Very impressive. The last version of that map was somehow inadequate to this project...
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Please use zip or rar compression this time. I have no idea how to open a zip22 file.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Woolie Wool wrote:Please use zip or rar compression this time. I have no idea how to open a zip22 file.
They name it zip22 because the damned website won't upload regular zips. Just rename the zip22 file to normal zip and then unzip normally -_-
killingblair

Post by killingblair »

I would like to make sweet love to your screen shots
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

ive been doing a whole lot of nothing on M9 for the longest time, i have a great idea, but im always afraid i wont have enough time so it makes it all the harder to even get started. and on top of it i have a lot of other projects to work on (not doom stuff) so i dont have much time either

i really hope i get this done :(
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

OMFG THAT LIGHT ON THE WALL IN THE FIRST SCREENIE ACTS UNREALISTICALLY YOU FAIL IT!!!!11o1eN1eon!OEn

EDIT: And the lights in the second screenie, it seems...
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

Those lights also appear to be in the last screen as well. Exactly what about them is "unrealistic?" The fact that they only light up the vertical column they're mounted to? O_o

(Note: I'm relatively new to ZDoom, and have only been [trying] to map for a few days, testing different things out.)
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Krillancello wrote:Exactly what about them is "unrealistic?"
That's one, but what I was getting at was that some of the light appears to be getting sent above the bottom of the light post thing. (I know of a trick with slopes that can be used to fix this... :P)
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

Well, I think the effect I mentioned is probably possible; if the lights are in the center of the mounting shell, their light would be limited to the extent of the shell itself before it even leaves the shell, thus forcing the light to go in a more or less linear path.
Risen

Post by Risen »

giest118 wrote:(I know of a trick with slopes that can be used to fix this... :P)
No need for tricks, the Sector floor/ceiling light specials are all that's needed.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Risen wrote:
giest118 wrote:(I know of a trick with slopes that can be used to fix this... :P)
No need for tricks, the Sector floor/ceiling light specials are all that's needed.
... But there'd still be a little bit of light on the wall above the post thing. So, the transfer light special would be part of the solution, but you'd need something else as well....
Risen

Post by Risen »

giest118 wrote:... But there'd still be a little bit of light on the wall above the post thing.
Um, not if you do it correctly.

Anyway, progress!
- New exteriors for M1-M9 are finished! Some of them could use more detail but as a first pass, I am quite pleased.
- Cameras have been moved over.
- As NMN's buildings are no longer necessary, they have been removed.

Left to go:
- M10 exterior
- Script changes to accomodate M10
- Time/Weather adjustments per map (can't complete this until I have finalized skyboxes)
- Create interface for other maps (specifically CREDIT) to access useful stat information.
- Develop final interface
- Testing, testing testing...
- Building exteriors, second pass (I am thinking about handing off this map for another mapper to spice these up, so there is more than one style there)

I still need finalized skyboxes! Most of the skyboxes have warping clouds. This looks strange! I think it should be taken out in favor of something different. Please make the change and get these to me ASAP!
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

I liked the first Community Map Project, and what is currently the [unfinished] second CMP; I might want to help with ZDCMP2 or KDiZD, but I have yet to learn much about mapping, so I'll wait until I'm a bit more proficient with it to inquire. :P

Keep up the good work. :D

Return to “Levels”